The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Library Program (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

I've been asked to do some Library shows this summer. Can anyone suggest a good program that may be for sale? I had heard Dave Dee sells one, but didn't see anything on his website.

Thanks! Smile
Jason London

This space for rent
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Hi Jason Dave Dee's program looks quite good. I am planning to buy it myself.

Here is the link to the program: Dave Dee's I love To Read Show In A Box

I have brought these types of show in a box kits before and they certainly save you a lot of time. I do a lot of educational shows for schools. Putting together a unique show does take a lot of time. These progrmas a great because they save you reinventing the wheel.
Smile
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

Thanks, Andy!

I'll look into this more. Any other programs that you may know of?
Jason London

This space for rent
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Jason, Dave Dee also has an anti drug themed show The Say No Magic Show.

The show in a box I am performing is C.J. Johnson’s Motivational Magic ......ide . It was a bit americanizied so I had to tweak it a bit for New Zealand kids, but it was a good investment.

I plan to get both of Dave Dee’s educational shows as well but I have my plate full at the moment with my own show. It is summer in New Zealand right now & every summer I perform The Water Safety Magic Show. at schools here. This is the educational show I developed myself.

Let me know if you have any questions about educational shows or marketing school shows. I have been doing it 10 years now & I will help if I can.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Jason:

I'm assuming you're looking for a program that has a reading/book theme to it. If so, here are some good sources:

1. Book Magic - Mark Daniel. This is a video of Mark's show that he performs for libraries. Personally, I don't like Mark's style at all, but he's very successful.

2. B.J. Hickman's Reading Show. Another video showing B.J. doing his library show. It's sort of light-weight reading themed, but I like it. I like B.J. much better than Mark Daniels.

3. David Ginn's Magic of Black and White. Another video. It's David doing his summer library show. It's themed around the joke, "What's black and white and red all over?" It's got some very nice parts to it. It's typical David Ginn, which I like.

4. Have you considered a magic class at libaries? I do a lot of them and they're a big hit. No one else in my market does them. Brian Flora's tapes will get you started.

Ron Reid