The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Zack
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Zack
Greetings all,

I'm new to the world of kids magic. I'd like your opinion on whether cups and balls would be an appropriate trick for a kids show.

--Zack
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I cannot see why not, But I have never used it myself.
Phillip
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Depends on the amount off kids you're working for. It's a close up trick. No good for large audiences.

All the best, Billy
mslj
View Profile
New user
Bradford, England
95 Posts

Profile of mslj
Hello Zack

Yes the cups and balls work well with kids, I've done very simple routines for 4 and five year olds and full routines for older children finishing with full final loads.

It's a case of making the routines simple and entertaining (which incidently should be the case for adult based rouitnes).

Billy makes a good point, but the format of the presentation is unlimited. The Cups are not just a close up effect, you could get the kids stood around in a semi circle like a street performance and depending on the size of the cups this could be a stage effect.

Check out some of the really good topics regarding the cups and balls on the street magic board.

Regards

Simon

By the way Billy, and I'm sure you are already aware of this but both 'Billy' and 'Whizz' are slang terms for Amphetamine (speed).
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
You can make it bigger I once saw Mark Raffles performing for a lay audience + me in Yates wine lodge in Blackpool
and he does the cups and balls with the cheap plastic flower pots (sprayed silver and 2" sponge balls. He uses baby Chicks as final loads you may not want to go that far!
Phillip