The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Besides Rabbits? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
HatTrix
View Profile
Regular user
USA
108 Posts

Profile of HatTrix
Hey guys I have so many great production props and it makes me really want to put a live animal into my show hahah. I owned a rabbit once but I am really allergic and I had to get rid of it, so all I have now is a cat. but I thought about it and I don't really want a dove because I am not much of a bird person but I would consider getting one. I was thinking somthing easy like a guinie pig or a hampster, so my question is what other animals are good in magic besides rabbits and doves.

thanks guys
madmaxa
View Profile
New user
Serbia and Montenegro
61 Posts

Profile of madmaxa
Try people. They are the best.
:)
Life Coaching and Covert Hypnosis Coaching in Serbian or English language.
Serbian website: http://www.newera.co.rs/
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
Quote:
On 2006-01-20 08:47, madmaxa wrote:
Try people. They are the best.Smile
Yes, but there are laws about what you have to do to people to keep them small enough to fit in a small production box. Smile
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Actually, three of my dogs weigh more than I do. Ha Ha! One outgrew his Blamo box at six months, although perhaps I can now find a human volunteer that weighs less than my hairy beast. I've got several Old English Sheepdogs and unlike the tiny female in my avatar photo the males are hugh massive beast which resemble lumbering bears.

You might want to check out the Polly wants a Cracker forum which discusses animals in magic.

Good Luck!
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I would go with the Wacky Weasel...just as good a response as a live animal and without all the fuss!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Weird that this is being discussed over here also. I use a snake, a scorpion, a tarantula, and a dove. All of them are pretty easy to produce with any good production prop. I put the spider and scorpion in a small plastic container-I think they are suppose to be toothbrush holders, and produce them in those mult-colored scarves that are used to produce a wine bottle (I forget the name).

We have also used mice and rats in the show in the past, but that's not a good idea when handling snakes-and the snakes don't go to the bathroom in the prop, they don't mind being in a small dark place-they are great.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
The best response I ever got came when I produced a guinea pig at a father-daughter dinner.

After the show one of the dads came up and said, "If you'd produced a rabbit I wouldn't have been impressed. That guinea pig was impressive! How did you keep it quiet through the whole show?"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The following are animals I had/have in my show: Bunny, dove, ferret, guniea pig, chinchilla, rat, hamster and cat.
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
Right now we use combinations of Doves, Teddy Bear Hamsters, Dwarf Rabbit & 4 Chinchilla's. I highly recommend Chin's if you have allergies. They are Hypo-allergenic (no-one's allergic). No fleas (can't get through the fur) & no oder.
Also the Kids & Adult's go nuts over them. They do live 15 - 20 years.
Yours,
Aragorn & the Chins (Sable, Raisen, Jackie Chan & the twins, Bruce & Jet Lee)
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2006-01-20 21:29, Chrystal wrote:
Actually, three of my dogs weigh more than I do. Ha Ha! One outgrew his Blamo box at six months, although perhaps I can now find a human volunteer that weighs less than my hairy beast. I've got several Old English Sheepdogs and unlike the tiny female in my avatar photo the males are hugh massive beast which resemble lumbering bears.

You might want to check out the Polly wants a Cracker forum which discusses animals in magic.

Good Luck!

Hi Crystal,

I've been thinking about using my dog. I have a beautiful little Pomeranian. Is there a production box available that is the right size for a small sized dog.

Thanks.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Regan,

A few times I attempted to use my cats and my little Chihauhau with a mirror box which was suitable for their small size. I think a Pom weighs a bit more, so it may not work for you. Perhaps our friends over at Polly Wants a Cracker Forum could offer assistance.

Cheers
Chrystal
HatTrix
View Profile
Regular user
USA
108 Posts

Profile of HatTrix
I like the idea of a chinchilla I will look into that but I also gave a dove more thought and they seem very nice, but I need to find a breeder in southern california.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2006-01-22 17:17, HatTrix wrote:
I like the idea of a chinchilla I will look into that but I also gave a dove more thought and they seem very nice, but I need to find a breeder in southern california.

If you can't find a dove breeder in Southern CA, try certain members in our forum. They will mail one to you. If you are interested let me know and I will find out who they are.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Get a male duck. They are quiet, stand tall and funny when produced.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
You may have to build one, but I was thinking of putting my Pom in a duck bucket.

That type of production gives allot of load space.

You have to really train him/her to be comfortable in the load though.

S. Patrick