The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Worst kids trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I had no idea what the Magic Ding Dong was but the name gave me a clue, so I checked it out!

Yep! The winner of the worst kid trick award by far! It's a sure way to never get booked for birthday parties again!
Dennis Michael
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
I've done the finger chopper for kids before, and they really enjoy it. I hesitate to use it again, fearing it's inappropriate, but maybe I'm overreacting.

After all, it is a specialized prop. Nobody has a tiny guillotine back at their house, and I doubt the finger chopper is going to inspire some kid to lay his finger on the cutting board and take mom's butcher knife to it. What do you think?
Vinnie Anderson
View Profile
New user
atlanta
84 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Anderson
Guy's lets just remember that kids are impressionable, so needle thru arm or sword thrui neck are out!!!!!!! I read where a magician at a kds show did sword thru neck, and a little boy went home and decided to practice the effect on his little brother with a steak knife, if the parent's hadn't been nearby, they would probably minus 1 child now. Also, the razor blade swallowing is not good either. again kids have severed thier tounges trying this.
Vinnie

Smile Smile
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
[quote]On 2002-11-20 09:27, vinnie72 wrote:
Guy's lets just remember that kids are impressionable, so needle thru arm or sword thrui neck are out!!!!!!!

Drat! There goes my kids act...

- Bill
That's MISTER Swami Bill to you.
Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
Quote:
On 2002-11-10 02:21, Payne wrote:
Most likely the worst kids effect is the baffling bra. No I have actually heard of a Bozo (no offence to our clown bretheren) doing this to a little girl at a birthday party. I am sure she is still going through therapy.

I use it all the time with a few HUGE changes:
1.) Take out the bra and put in bright and colorful scooby doo underwear
2.) Never do it to a child, always do it to an adult at your show.

This is a b-day party favorite for me and my audience. Let me know what you think of the idea.
braddevant
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of braddevant
needle through arm, I actually saw a performer (and I use the term loosely) do this for a group of 5 yr olds, with blood and all.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Mikael Eriksson writes: "I consider tricks where you put something in your mouth or pick something from your mouth as the worst or most inappropriate tricks."

Amen, brother! Couldn't agree more.

Anything that young ones could copy at home an injure themselves or someone else is totally inappropriate.

Further to "worst case scenario":

Question: How do you know that you've got the wrong clown for your child's birthday party?

Answer: The balloons are ribbed and lubricated.
Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
Quote:
On 2003-01-27 20:09, braddevant wrote:
needle through arm, I actually saw a performer (and I use the term loosely) do this for a group of 5 yr olds, with blood and all.

That is unbelievable! I can't believe that someone would do that. The next thing those kids are going to do is take a needle or something else sharp, and stick it in various parts of their body! Smile
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
I did a christmas show at a pre-school once, they told me that the year before they hired a puppet show, In the puppet show part of the show involved Santa being stabbed to death with a big knife. they had to kick them out half way through as the kids were distraught.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Spiff,
I usually use the appearing cane just as I'm ready to go, I have packed eveything up but oops forgot this silk, oh well toss it in the air wa la a cane for my exit. Goes well with my top hat and tux style clown coat.
oscar
View Profile
New user
Fred
11 Posts

Profile of oscar
I love children birthday parties. I don't use water, guns, or loud sounds or any off color at a birthday party. I heard a magician being sue by a parent because he said to a child "I'm going to hip-n-ties you". I carry liability insurance in case of thing that might happen and because of balloons animals etc. I know most malls want a 2 million dollar policy before you can work there.
Smile