The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: What type of illusion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Adam,

Have you looked at Wolf's Magic site?

He presents a nice array of illusionettes. Smaller comedy illusions for kids.
Dennis Michael
mslj
View Profile
New user
Bradford, England
95 Posts

Profile of mslj
I used a Chair Suspension for a while. It's a great effect and did indeed get good responses. I did limit it's use to large venues - halls, schools and so on just beacuase of it's bulk - an extra two visits back to my car from the venue. However I did find that there were issues with it's presentation. Sopme kids loved to be on it, laying down, wiggleing their toes and so on but many kids were quite scared, would either have second thought about getting on or change their mind half way through. I even had to replace the child with Edward my Orangutan puppet on one occasion which was a problem because he demanded higer billing on the publicity and an increase in pay!

The Flying carpet looks alot more child friendly. I don't use it but anything which requires a sit rather than a lay will probable work better.
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
139 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
Anybody use or seen the levitation using 3 suitcases stacked in the letter "I" shape, the kid sits on the top suitcase and the middle one is removed? Does it have better angles than the magic carpet version?
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
Anyone using or thinking of using the Flying carpet should look at "Illusion Book" by Andrew Mayne Page 24/25 an illusion called "cloud" this idea could easily be applied to the flying carpet. making it lighter to carry as the two books/uprights would be made of foam decorated as rainbows.
I cannot give any more away as it is not my idea. but it could be performed surrounded too.
Phillip
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I have not seen the suitcase illusion but it does make better sense and it seems like it can hide the gimmick.

I also looked up Andrew Mayne's "Cloud" illusion and it presents a novel way of doing the flying carpet using c a cloud and rainbows as support. No plans just drawings of a way it might look.

Just brain storming this, consider these thoughts. In a birhday party setting, you bing in a thin base, place two thin end pieces in slots on the thin base. Place a table top across the two end pieces and add a front panel with your logo on it. You now have a table. Slip in the C-Bar which will suspend the top and connect the bottom.

In performance of it. Slip the two ends off, touch them together and they will hold with velcro. Place these in the correct position like the flying Carpet method. then remove the front ant the person appears suspended. One could use this as a lay down or sit up version. Breakdown is the reverse. No one will expect how its done like the Flying carpet because they saw you build it. Sounds like a workable method and folds flat.
Dennis Michael