The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Once upon a time... :: The Mysteries of the Metamorphosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Ok, this story/idea is in its VERY rough stages...

So I'm only going to lay the groundwork and see what suggestions pop up from you guys to help it along...

Thanks in advance for the help.

The Idea:

I want to present Metamorphosis in a different light...It won't be the exact CENTER of the plot line, but it will play a leading role...

The substance of the story is "Magician's of Old".... PURE fiction, so nobody get their panties in a bunch as I mangle history here, ok?

I'm thinking of having this trunk be aboard the Titanic...Houdini and Bess are aboard (probably wrong year, I know) when it goes down...They escape on a life-raft but the trunk is lost...

Years later the trunk is brought up as a part of the raising and recovery...

It falls into my hands and I discover that it has been imbedded with even more mysterious powers than it had in Houdini's hands...

~I do not want to give away the WHAT of it's new powers, because as far as I've been able to tell, it would be unique~

So, this any good as a basis, or is it crap?

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Prof. Piper,

Perhaps you could somehow tie into the movie. In the movie version, Jack was handcuffed to a pipe and standing on a box. In the movie version, Rose helped Jack to escape only for Jack to freeze to death later.

Hey look. Jack died. Maybe Hollywood took creative liberties and changed the real story.

The real story is this: A wooden crate was discovered within the Titanic and when they opened it they found Jack handcuffed inside. But then the most mysterious thing happened. Even though Jack was dead, his love for Rose was not. Those witnessing the recovery of the crate witnessed Jack's love bring Rose back (the switch).

Just an idea.
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Nice one Kip, I can see that done with a Tip over too, opening the trunk to see the dead man, or his bones, handcuffed within, then after relating the strength of the lovers, ...ooo that could go in so many directions, Old Rose could turn to face the trunk, and become young again, Jack could return to the living, any number of twists......!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com