The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: "Grand Gospel Magic" book review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Hi All: As I have been doing Gospel magic since 1971 when I worked for John de Vries (former FCM President) and his touring "HiWay BiWay Youth Association", I have amassed a very disorganized pile of random lecture notes, magic props and books. I will often misplace Gospel magic routines with the tricks that go along with them. Wouldn't it be nice to have a book that is a thoroughly practical linking many of the props I (and probably you) already have scattered all over the place to the Gospel routines written for them? Duane Laflin's new book "Grand Gospel Magic" I'd now rank as my #1 Gospel magic book resource- it has at least 70 detailed pictured Gospel routines and at least five general articles. This thorough 260 large page book is a must for beginners to Gospel magic, or for those looking for a solid specific Bible based illustration to add to their program, and especially for Sunday School workers such as myself who go through 50+ different routines a year. This book truly is a "must read". "Grand Gospel Magic" by Duane Laflin is a simply a walk off grand slam.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I don't know what outlets will be carrying the brand new outstanding "Grand Gospel Magic" book by Duane Laflin. It is already listed at www.davidandteesha.com "store" section under "new arrivals" link for $65.
Valleydad
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Valleydad
Thanks,Roger. After seeing your review I went straight to my wife and begged permission to buy this book. (It helps that she and our granddaughter love Duane and Mary). As a bonus, she told me that she reserved a room for
us in Indianapolis for the convention last night. What a woman!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I also bought from Duane his new plush red velvet "Hidden Spring Change Bag". Also comes in black and blue. So much better than a regular cloth force/hidden flap bag as the performer in a multi second of time with zero fumbling can change the bag content holding only the two top ENDS only of the bag. No searching around at the top, finding the hidden middle flap, separating the bag top again, obviously looking like maybe something fishy happened. A great utility prop, including for the puzzle trick in Grand Gospel Magic.