The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: "Mad Scientist" by Peter Loughran (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
The subject magic trick has been available since 2010 and I thought it was amazing since the first time that I saw the demo video. I am just wondering if anyone, frequenting this area of the Café, has purchased/performed this effect? Thoughts???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6xxEnCCVM

I have a gospel message idea that I think would fit VERY well with this effect.

Thanks in advance guys.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Great effect! I better prefer it with the card cover, although with minimal misdirection, it could be done. Who is the contact for this?
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
It's Peter Loughran "Master Of Illusions Entertainment".

http://www.masterofillusions.ca/

I was just hoping for some inside scoop from anyone who may have purchased this... audience responses, handling tips, noise???

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Glen,

I can only give you Second Hand Information. I live in Michigan and I have a friend that ordered this effect and sold it soon after he received it. He stated that is just was not a good effect and was way overpriced. That is all that I know. I know when he went to sell it he lost a lot of money just to get rid of it. I know that this does not tell you much but that is all that I know.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Misophoniac
View Profile
New user
Building a fence & still not done after
98 Posts

Profile of Misophoniac
Roland Hennings had some not so nice things to say about it, but his critique is just based on the demo. He does not own it and has never learned/performed it, but makes a decent case that might make you hesitate to drop $350 for this gadget.

http://weeklymagicfailure.blogspot.com/2......ist.html
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
The animosity and foul language of Mr. Hennings' articles are crude to say the least. Personally I prefer not to put a lot of faith in people who make a profession of pointing out the negative side of every aspect of life. His page did not win "bookmark" status from me.

I have never met Peter Loughran but I have made purchases from him and have interacted with him here on the Café'. Everything I have bought from him for myself did have a demo video on his site and each item did, in fact, work exactly as the video described. He has been positive, honest and kind in the interactions I have had with him here on the forums.

If you have a good idea of how you would like to use that illusion, I would suggest you PM Peter on his site or here on the forum and discuss it with him and see what he might suggest as to the "fit" of the product for your use. I am sure he would give you honest and helpful advice and would likely even suggest you NOT buy the item if he felt it would not meet the need for what you hope to do.

Good luck, and if you do buy the illusion, please write an honest, owner's review here on the forum and let us know how you like it.

Best

Mark
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I have had some interactions here on the Café with Peter as well. He has always been forthright and honest with me in our conversations. I, too, would be interested in an honest review by someone who actually owns this.

I believe Peter has been dealing with some serious health issues lately...but it would be great to hear from him directly on this.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I bought a used one off a member here. I also have spoken with Peter in the past. Peter is a great guy.

My experience with this prop is not very positive. I paid $200 for it, and ended up selling it. That's all I am willing to share about it out of respect to Peter. Even Babe Ruth didn't always hit a homerun when at bats.

Peter makes some extremely well thoughout props and illusions.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi guys,

A couple of people did report difficulty using the props properly to me, but it was a case of improper set up or timing issue, as I admit the prop can be a bit complicated or intimidating at first glance because of all the moving parts inside, but if you have any difficulty setting it up, I am always here to help also. With that said there is some skill required also to perform it properly since you will be doing one thing with one hand while doing another thing with the other at the same time, and this takes some practice to get the timing down. Nothing difficult but you need to put in some practice time with the prop otherwise you might not like it.

Thorough review here from someone who performs with the prop in their school shows:
http://crisjohnsontricktalk.blogspot.ca/......html?m=1

More reviews and a customer performance video from a gentleman who does an interesting take on it using a borrowed finger ring.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com