The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: A Good Scripture for Money Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
knockknocktheclown
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of knockknocktheclown
Proverbs 23:4
Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.

23:5
Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for [riches] certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.

I was reading in a Preacher Veron Mc. Gee book, he was talking about how money flies away like eagle and he used that scripture. Then he talked about how 1 dollar, quarter and 50 cent piece that has an eagle on it.
I am going to work on using this with the simple trick coin through your pants in Bobo's Modern coin magic. I already talk about how I have a hole in my pocket and you can not trust money. Then proceed to show how money says what we should trust in "In God we trust"

But I think what a plus to have a scripture that talks about eagles and flying away and our money has eagles. Well any ideas.
Maybe a trick where the money goes from one hand to the other without being seen.

Hmmmm.
Take care all and God Bless.
Johnnymysto
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
116 Posts

Profile of Johnnymysto
Good ideas. I don't think I've seen any gospel coin magic. I like these applications.
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Isn't there a coins across type routine in Bobo called Flight of Eagles?

That would be good too...could apply to the verse about not storing treasures on earth etc.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I think you can put a message about how we will all be transformed or changed in an instant, etc. with about any kind of coin transformation trick.

I have adapted this theme or sort of added it in as a message to ponder at the end of tricks like this. For example, Scotch and Soda or even my "in the hands" version of Lethal Tender.

When you snap the card on the coin and it changes instantly ! It's a great effect to go along with that message (IMO).
Another one I have worked on and tried a few times is a variation using the coin trick from Gregory Wilsons "On the Spot" video called "Questionable trick".

A dime and penny trick. But I make sure my penny(s) are dull and the dime is nice and shiny. When they select the penny and put it on the back of their hand. I tell them that the bible says we shouldn't hide our light or put it under a bushel (or hidden anyplace else).

Then the penny is apparently pushed through or into their hand and the dime is on top !
Finish by stating that... noooo, we are to let our light shine and be a light to the world.

As far as verses are concerned, try to check out the "Crown Ministries" materials on biblical stewardship. There are a lot of references and noted verses to money issues.

One verse that I always remembered from that is I Chronicles 29:11a. I think it is "Everything in the heavens and earth is Yours oh Lord and this is your kingdom..." I am not sure of the exact translation but that was what was in the workbook. I only quote that much of it when I do a bill switch using gospel bills from Dock Haley.

I use that effect to teach about how everything (including our money) belongs to God.

Oh well, hope some of that is helpful to someone.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks for sharing.

I concentrate on use of coins with my nearly normal magic.

Here are a few nearly normal ideas with coins.

1. With muscle pass - Look up to the lord
2. With wipe clean vanish - Jesus can wipe away our sins
3. Use of the coin that has the Prayer of Jabez in a one coin routine -- as you get to the line about expand our territory - you could change it to a jumbo coin or a small bible.

In His Name

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u