The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: Advance-Gospel Magic Convention in Pigeon Forge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
http://www.makeitmagic.com/advance.htm
For 2009 we have a four part plan as we adopt this new emphasis for our lives.
#1. We will be putting out a newsletter called “Advance”. The subscription to it will be free. If you want to receive it, send me your mailing address. It will come out in print form. I may also do it as an email publication, but I’m still pondering that.
#2. We will be bringing out new props that are specially for those who do Gospel Magic. We already have the prototypes done for a Bible Production Box and Church Chain Link Effect. Also we will once again be bringing out the AVC box because it is such a practical tool for those who use magic tricks in ministry.
#3. We will develop our http://www.christianillusionist.com website (under construction at the moment) and expand it to be a source of information for Gospel Magicians.
#4. We will be offering a training conference for Gospel Magicians unlike any other magic conference that has ever happened! After years of attending conferences, both gospel and secular, and seeing things that we liked along with things that we disliked, we have developed a strong vision for a particular kind of conference.
It will be a magic conference that actually has a curriculum. Rather than being a collection of lectures where each speaker talks about whatever comes to his mind (or whatever he wants to sell), the lectures in this conference are built around an educational plan

Anyone going?
I live in the area and I'm thinking about it.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I'd very much like to go. Finances and work/vacation schedules will determine whether or not it will occur. Too early to tell.
Gene "Oz" Oswald
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Gene
It would be GREAT to go to this Speical Time for this training. But getting there is not the easiet to do affordably! WOW... Indiana in July.... Feb. for Advance training... I see a pattern forming here...
hypermagician
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hypermagician
I am really want to go to the conference, but I guess the chance it will be in Canada is very slim. I am looking forward to hear comments from people after they went.
hypermagician
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hypermagician
BTW, does anyone know who I should send my address in order to subscript to the newsletter? I don't seem to able to get any contact information from the web-site.

Thanks.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Go to duane lauflin web site and look for the link to advanced and you should be able to sign up there. hope that helps.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Come on guys, I've been waiting to meet you who have been such an influence on me (and even those who haven't...YET!! Smile I can't see attending the FCM convention anytime in the forseeable future, but as a Tarheel, Pigeon Forge is a hop/skip/jump for me, and the price is right. I'm hoping my home church will sponsor me. In any event, hope you will contact me if you're planning on it. Sounds like a concentrated dose of the FCM.

Steve
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
It looks like I'll be going, hope to meet some of you there!
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
I hope I can go.. My schedule seems opens, it's just a matter of coming up with the $$$.. I need another job. =/
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
hypermagician
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hypermagician
Quote:
On 2009-01-12 17:29, B Hackler wrote:
Go to duane lauflin web site and look for the link to advanced and you should be able to sign up there. hope that helps.

Thanks, Hackler.

I found the sign-up page there.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Your welcome
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Any others coming?
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

I wonder if Pastor Terry will join us.. Would love to meet the man.

I'm hoping I get the few things left taken care of, so I can join you all myself.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
To obtain ADVANCE for free, send an email along with your address to montanawondertheater@yahoo.com. I got my issue in the mail today, 1-17-09, it is very good. I would have signed up immediately to attend ADVANCE February 19-21 in Pigeon Forge, but I had already signed up for and paid for to attend KIDabra! in Pigeon Forge later in the year. The ADVANCE web site is again http://www.christianillusionist.com Duane's stated goal is "in 2009 it will be our priority to help gospel magicians achieve excellence in their ministries." He also has included a four point plan to help in this regard, all A+ ideas. A real resource for the entire FCM community for sure! I hope to go to the next conference, hopefully in 2010 or sooner.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I received my ADvance newsletter on Saturday and if I didn't have a conflict I would be going. It looks like a great program that Duane is putting together. I hope I am able to attend a future event.

M. Reist
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Sadly I won't be in attendance, conflict in my schedule...
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Ahh, well. Maybe we'll see you there next time. Or.. you could just go ahead and make that trip to NC! haha
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
That is a temptation...when it's -2 and you lose power, it makes you think.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

It's only gotten down to 10º at my house, we lost power for a little, and the water went out, but nothing bad.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

It's almost here!!!!

I know that Steve (stempleton) is going, and I am going, but who else is going for sure? It would be great to get the chance to meet any of you who will be there.

Looking forward to a great convention!

Danton