The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: Nursing Home Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
As we all close in on our "golden age" we wonder what the future holds for us. In my job I go to nursing homes to repair equipment in the kitchens and I see people sitting there looking into space with nothing to do. Seeing them and being asked by others for a routine, I wrote one and I share it here for anyone to use. Do you have any ideas you would like to share with others, it is a mission field that should be plowed.

Title: Weed in the Garden of Life

Hebrews 13:5 . . . God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Psalm 139:7 “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?”

Material Needed: Blooming Bouquet. This is a feathered bouquet with yellow flowers on it that either a shaken off or plucked off out it. Then, red flowers take the place of where the yellow ones were.

Lesson: (Start with the bouquet as directed.) For many of us, life is good. We flourish like this plant. It looks bright, and green and strong. We are surrounded by friends who support us, (point to yellow flowers) help us live and grow in the Lord. But as time goes on, time changes our lives.

Some of our friends go home to be with the Lord. (pluck a flower or two and throw them into your magic table) Some fall ill and can no longer help us or be around us. (pluck more flowers) Some turn away because of changes in attitudes and life in general. (pluck another flower) Soon you find yourself alone and we start to feel like this plant looks. We are a weed, in the garden of life. (slowly turn the bouquet over so it looks sad) We feel vulnerable as we no longer have anyone to support us or fellowship with.

But no matter the circumstances, we are not alone. (slowly turn the plant upright and make the flowers bloom. No matter how you feel, you are not alone. In Psalm139:7 the question is asked “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?” God has answered that in Hebrews 13:5 . . . God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” He is with you and just as these flowers are red, they remind me that He loves you so much that His Son shed his blood for you. Every sin you ever committed is covered by his blood. (point to red flowers) His blood, His love, covers you and you are NOT alone.
Heres Tony
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando
259 Posts

Profile of Heres Tony
Awesome message that I'm sure will bring a tear or two to folks in nursing homes. More importantly, it will give hope to them as well!

Bravo!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Wow! That is great Rick. Thanks for sharing that.

I'm going to have to look for a Blooming Bouquet now-thanks, like I don't have a big enough wish list! lol
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Glad to share, hope it blesses someone. Does anyone else have any routines they would like to share that would minister to senior citizens?
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Thank you, Rick! I don't have any routines which would help, since I mostly do mentalism when I visit senior centers (or lecture on diabetes). But I absolutely love performing for seniors -- they are the BEST audiences!

Thank you for what you're doing for them!

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet (Who is fast becoming a senior himself!)
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet