The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: VBT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Our church is doing our annual vacation bible time and I was asked to bring in a routine every night for the teen group with a gospel message. I have planned out so far already: My gospel rings routine, my gospel cups and balls routine and that's abvout it. I still need 3 or four more ideas. Im pretty sure Im going to pick up a metamorpho spots before then and Im not sure what else any ideas ?
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Look at what you have and think about what you can illustrate with it...

Linking Rings... Unity/everyone needs to be connected

20th Century Silks... Use the different colored silk as representing Jesus. I have a volunteer that I change his name to heaven. Vanish Jesus and he returns to heaven...you get audience volunteer, great routine...sort of like my TV spot except using a person and calling them heaven.

Sympathetic Silks...you could talk about how Christ traded places with us.

These plus what you have gives you 5 days worth...

Enjoy.
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Alright thanks Mr.Owens you always have the best ideas Smile. Im going to look into those and I really like the sound of the 20th century silks idea!
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I use the human version in my crusades and it has great comedy, great magic and best of all a great message.

Sympathetic silks can be found in Rice' enc. of silk you don't have to buy it or you can order Dick Stoner's DVD which has it in it...www.stoners.com

He has a 2 great DVDs...good material in them.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Miser's Dream could be a good effect...all you need is a paint can with the label removed. Maybe even pick some up from hardware store, the rest is up to you. Where your heart is, there's your treasure...

Cut and Restored Rope...Sin cuts us off from God...but Jesus restores the connection...You can have one person holding the end of the rope and have them represent God, and you represent people...that's how God wants us to be connected...directly to Him....Then go into a cut and restored rope routine...talk about how sin then breaks that connection, but if we has for forgiveness of our sins, God will restore what was broken.

Take care...
KurtK
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of KurtK
Yep last year one of the assistant pastors dad who is a gospel magician did misers dream and cut and restored for the same group so those are out of the question. Im going to go through Mark Wilsons book to see what I can get out of it.
drokle
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
28 Posts

Profile of drokle
Hi KurtK,

I just performed this week for the VBS at our church. Check out the VBS thread on the Good News forum for some ideas.
Heres Tony
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando
259 Posts

Profile of Heres Tony
Instead of cut and restored rope, how about Clippo, the cut and restored newspaper? Believe it or not, it kills with laymen. I did it at a church function recently and the adults and kids loved it. You could still use Terry's patter.

Tony Brent
http://www.herestony.com
http://www.myspace.com/superstartony
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Good thinking Tony...Superstar!