The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: It Pays to Take Time for Children... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
My grandfather passed away earlier this week.

During the veiwing I was called aside by a lady in my church.

Her little boy (5 years old) knows me from church because sometimes, I'll do magic for the kids if there's nothing for them to do.

Needless to say, I'm quite popular among the children.

Anyway, she called me aside and said, "I just wanted you to know that almost hourly today, my son has asked about you and how you're doing. He didn't know why we were coming here and so I told him it was your grandfather that had died and that's why we were here. Since then, he's asked about you numerous times throughout the day."

At that moment, he came walking up and let me know in his own words that he was sorry for my loss.

This happened again with another little boy who I didn't even expect to remember me. However, somehow he got away from his parents to come and tell me that he hoped I felt better.

No wonder Christ said not to offend even the least...

That day, all the magic I had ever done for them... was returned in the magic they were to me.

Of all those who wished me their sympathy, I was the most touched and most comforted by them.

I'm glad I took time for them, it payed back even more than I gave.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Witness4him
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Witness4him
Thanks for sharing this. That was great. Sorry to hear of your loss. My Grandad on my Mom's side died a few years ago, and it was difficult, but God gave me some wonderful proofs while visiting that he was with Him.

Pete
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Yeah, but they can torture you, but it is worth it.
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Quote:
On 2006-05-18 01:30, Witness4him wrote:
Thanks for sharing this. That was great. Sorry to hear of your loss. My Grandad on my Mom's side died a few years ago, and it was difficult, but God gave me some wonderful proofs while visiting that he was with Him.

Pete

Thankyou.

I appreciate it.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.