The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: You know you are a gospel Magician if. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Revlovjoy, great idea!! maybe I should smuggle a few more. "wink wink"
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Revlovejoy...

And to think, we just went to the common cup. Ahh... well.

RevJohn
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Loved those, guys! Keep it up! May do the miser's dream next time I preach on stewardship, great idea!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2006-03-06 23:24, Steven Steele wrote:
28) Your props look like they were made in the 1950's, and

29) Your patter isn't much younger.

Boy Steven, you hit the nail on the head. Would love to see upgrade on gospel effects. I have seen some improvements but we still have to make up some ground.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Darkwing,

Check out Duane Laflin's "Daniel & the Lions' Den" and the extra card for "Harry Trickidini". That's the bar to set for gospel routines. Also his "Match Two by Two". The props are great!

Steven
Coram Deo
Macbeth
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of Macbeth
32 You own a deck of cards with Jesus's face on them!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
33. Your Siberian Chain Escape or Thumbcuffs become and example of sin and forgiveness...

34. You can perform Kozak's Salt Pour and follow it up with a lesson from the book of Matthew...

35. You daydream about how similar the communion tray looks like an over glorified dove pan when the lid is placed over it... (no pun on the use of "over-glorified")

36. What you once called a "magic show" is now reffered to as your "illusion show".

37. Your first big walk-around/ table-hopping gig had something to do with a Baptist potluck (guilty....daddy was a preachin' man!)

38. When you perform anything involving the use of cards, you make a cliche' Baptist Joke

39. You can't help but notice how well the offering bags would make great change bags!

40. Anytime you cover the story of Moses and the ancient shaman who's staffs turned to serpents, you cant help but wonder if Fantasio made vanishing canes in Moses's day!

41. Whenever there is reference to a shaman (sp?) or fakar (sp?) in the Old or New Testiment of the Bible, you look around to see if anyone is looking at you...

42. If you've ever worked on a French-drop with part of your offering money...

43. If you've ever used your silks to illistrate the wordless "Plan of Salvation" book...

44. Your on the speed-dial list for the church Vacation Bible School roster...

Just a few I know I'm guilty of one way or another...

Bryan Gilles
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
45. When the pastor preaches about how Satan tries to trick the saints...you know they're looking at you and you're not paranoid. (see 41 for something similar).

46. The church kids flock to you like most would an ice cream man.

47. An older saint regularly cautions you not to get too deep/involved with that "magic stuff".

48. You need to think twice about which bills and coins you put in the offering.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I can relate to #48!!! Speaking of where is that Scotch and Soda set again?

Bryan
Witness4him
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Witness4him
I actually recieved a gimicked quarter years ago in change. I happened to notice the eagle image on the back was not aligned quite right with the image on the front, I dropped it on the table a couple times, ran and got a glass rattled it around and sure enough it came apart.

Should I have tried to track down the owner? PS. I wasn't saved then, but still into magic.

49). You watch a ministry program and think the person missed the boat by passing up the perfect opportunity for a visual illustration.

50). You go to a wedding and notice the hanerchiefs in the men's jacket pockets and wonder if they are full hancerchiefs, or those pocket squares. You wonder if a cut and restored tie would be appropriate it this situation.

51). Continuing on this train of thought you wonder if a cut and restored wedding cake effect would be feasable. Smile

52). Considering some of the guests, you don,t wish you could turn water into wine, but rather that you could turn wine into water.

53). You wish with all the vanishing effects that you know about, one actually worked.

Ok, so I went to a reception, that was not very Christian, and as much as I tried to be comfortable and make conversations, I was mostly bored...lol.

Pete Smile