The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Ambition Ink - Ding Ding (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
746 Posts

Profile of canaday
Ambition Ink - Ding Ding
$10.00 (download)
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=73493

The Hype:
The ink from a face up playing card rising up through the deck!

An ambitious routine that is completely different than any ambitious routine you have ever performed.

Fun to make.

Easy to perform.

An impossible visual moment that your spectators will never forget.

My Take:

I think Ding Ding is the new Sansmind except without the over-caffeinated demonstrator. His effects always look good but you do have to build them yourself. Some are easy to build and some take a little more effort. This is one of the second type.

The spectator selects a card (7S) and it is pushed face up partway into the middle of the deck. The deck is shaken and two spades appear on the back of the top card. It does look as if the bottom pips had risen through the deck. Then the pip are made to slowly vanish and the original card can be handed out.

Ding Ding has been coming up with some very clever gimmicks that you make yourself. If he made them for you, it would coast quite a deal more. But he goes into explicit detail on how to make the gimmick. This one will take you a while but it looks so good. (Watch the demo video). It does include sliders but once again, you are shown just how to construct them.

I would keep this effect for social media. When the gimmick is in start up mode, the 7S index can be seen off to one side of the card. With social media, angles are a lot easier to handle and keeping the deck in motion hides a few sins, too.

I know a lot of you like building things. If you are one of them, you will enjoy this but if you are someone who needs to buy their magic ready to go, this is not for you. (Of course if you have a handy buddy you can bribe into building this for you, you are all set! Magic words - extra pepperoni.)

I like this trick except for the failure to completely hide the working of the gimmick. The visual fade in and fade out look great and once the gimmick is made, it should last quite a while. For ten bucks, you will not be going wrong buying this one.