The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Magic In Mind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Head over to Vanishing Inc. and download "Magic In Mind." Do it now. You have no excuse. Here is an excerpt from the ad copy:

"What if I told you that today we are releasing a book with contributions from Derren Brown, Teller, and Juan Tamariz? How about if the book also included contributions from John Carney, Darwin Ortiz, Tommy Wonder, Pit Hartling, Rene Lavand, Tom Stone, and nearly thirty other magic luminaries? And what if I told you that this collection was entirely free?

I have spent the last three years working on Magic in Mind, which is my gift to all magicians, young and old, who care deeply about magic. I set out to assemble some of the most important, influential, and helpful essays on magic ever written, and make them available to all serious students of magic for free. Coming in at over 500 pages, Magic in Mind is finally ready."

I have spent the last hour reading from this collection of essays. And it is fantastic. You are getting the ideas of some of the greatest thinkers of our craft in one collection, and it won't cost you anything. It is a gift.

Thanks Josh, Andi, and everyone that contributed to this. Now, I need to go find a comfy armchair to hole up with my laptop.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
This is an amzing collection of essays! 500+ pages, and provided at no cost to the reader. Incredible effort and gesture!
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
WOW , just downloaded this, I thought cant be much good if its free, WRONG, the Little I have read so far is great.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
Just downloaded this ... Oh my, this is for free! Smile
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
There are some great classic essays in here, in fact it may become truly essential reading for anyone interested in the art. When I downloaded it and saw how big it was I was shocked, and when I looked at the table of contents I thought, "wow, all in one place."

It is free, wow.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
This has made my Essential Resource List for Beginner Magicians - great reading: substantial, broad, stimulating, provocative and intelligent. Someone experienced should do a full review ... Smile
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of danster08
I just got this. I have not read it yet, but it looks like it will be very insightful.
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
Jack Crafter
View Profile
New user
Kent, England
62 Posts

Profile of Jack Crafter
I've read a few of the essays and so far it's been incredible Smile. For the low, low price of free it'd be crazy to not get it!
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
This is a great collection of essays. I love it.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Magic Pierre
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Magic Pierre
This is another example of the extreme generosity of people in the high end of the magical fraternity. Josh says this book was a pet project for three years, and the material here is simply top flight, from some of the best thinkers about magic: Penn; Robert Houdin; Tommy Wonder; Juan Tamiriz. It's almost 600 pages! That's a lot of work, and Josh has given it as a gift to people who are serious about magic. This is a tremendous resource, one I was holding my breath waiting for so I could BUY it for Crissakes! For MONEY! All I can say is Wow!

My hat is off and I bow deeply to Joshua Jay for putting this material in our hands as a gift.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I haven't looked through it thoroughly yet, but it looks fantastic!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Amazing!
Great read and it´s free.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I've started reading this, but not even close to completing. It's a lot to read, but so far, it's been inspiring. Many thanks to Vanishing, Inc. for making this available for the low, low price of free! Many of the authors have been on my wishlist for some time, and now I get to sample what they have to say about magic theory. Such a great idea. Everyone needs to read this!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
There's nothing more magical and incredible than clicking the mouse button and getting these 555 pages instantly and for free.

Ive read the first 60 pages just tonight. That tiny fraction of the book is full of thought provoking material.

Here's the link: http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-d......in-mind/

Did we mention, IT'S FREE!
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
andre46
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of andre46
Yes, it's an unexpected and rare gift from Josh and Andi, which summarizes nearly all magic theory, both for beginners and advanced magicians. Amazing articles from the greatest magical minds and from carefully selected sources. A real treasure. Thanks guys!
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
We don't get many freebies in magic, magic is an expensive hobby for most. This free ebook is really great. A great read. Thank you to Vanishing Inc. greig
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
So many times you hear that someone is releasing a new effect or book as "a way of giving back to the art". But there's a catch - they're not really "giving" - there's a price tag on it. This free download is truly what it means to be "giving back to the art".

I for one, appreciate this very much and have been enjoying what I've read so far.

Thank-you.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
This was so good, I decided to print out a copy to bind. That way I can write notes or highlight important passages. Can't believe this was free.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
156 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Amazing ebook. It's unbelieveble it's free. Tons of wise writings to learn from....
Macphail
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Macphail
I've downloaded and read the entire thing with delight and grateful thanks to and for Joshua Jay. What a fantastic compilation. I'm so grateful for his vision and thoughtfulness. I sincerely hope it will be read far and wide by anyone who wishes to astonish.

:bluebikes: