The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Mindfuse Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4549 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
So I received this ebook free to review but that won't let me be bias towards it at all. Forgive me this might bland, I just got off work and am in one of those foul moods.

The pdf is put together with 13 photographs with clear instruction on how to work the effect. It's fairly easy and anybody who gets this should pretty much have it down within minutes.

Basically what the effect is is:

You have a spectator remove any card and place it back in the deck, you then show another deck showing yet another prediction card that matches up with the prediction the spectator turned over.

Simple and to the point. Not my cup of tea for an effect because I don't think it's worth carrying another deck because I have stronger effects that I can use that overpower this. I'm not saying at all that this is a bad effect but I have other effects that I have already routined and this seems to be more of a quick trick. This is a good effect for 4 dollars.

Mechanics are simple
No knucklebusting sleights here
2 decks are in play
Smallest setup

I happened to perform it at at 3 aocial gatherings which all went pretty well, I put it as a filler effect and I don't usually carry 2 decks around but.. It will fool the hell out of laymen that's for sure. The reactions I got were more along the lines of

"AHH HELL NO!!"
"Are WE MENAT TO BE? ##@($#$)
"Help me win the lotto!"

I'll give this a 8/10
You get your moneys worth, it's just not an effect that I will go out of my way to do when I have other things like the Annihilation Deck with me.
dabah2014
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
157 Posts

Profile of dabah2014
Thanks blindside! As he said this is a very simple effect. You do not need to carry two decks around actually. You only need one red deck and a prediction card from the blue deck. That's just the way I wrote the routine. Thanks!
Matt
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
You can use a mini deck to free up some pccket space. It can be done as a prediction simply written on paper or as said above using 2 decks which is a nice visual,1 red and 1 blue deck with both cards matching. Easy to do,I have used this a few times to success with some minor adjustments to suit me better. Defenitely worth taking a look into and priced right.
dabah2014
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
157 Posts

Profile of dabah2014
If you only want to use one deck, a prediction on a slip of paper will work perfectly. I personally prefer to use two decks though since it appears more visual. Thanks!
Matt