The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Watermark by Matheiu Bich (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
popchris
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of popchris
Hey everyone, it is PopChris here! I am here to review a product that Zachmonky's review (over on T11) caused me to buy.

So, ON WIT DAT FUNKY REVIEW!

Quote:
What dem' humans over in da' T11 world saz:

$9.95

WATERMARK

by Mathieu Bich

Card Magic
Easy
10 mins

A stunning revelation from the mind of award winning magician Mathieu Bich. A card is chosen and placed back into the deck - and a napkin (or cloth, tissue, etc.) is introduced and examined. While the spectator holds the napkin, some water is lightly sprinkled over it.

Slowly and visually, the chosen selection appears through the water. The napkin can, of course, be kept as a souvenir. You can use Mathieu's concept to reveal a name, card, object, or anything else your heart desires. Simple, direct, and astonishing. Introduction by Dan White.

So... Yeah. That is all true.

Initial Thoughts:

So... Yeah. I read Zachmonky's review and thought, "Hey, why not?". I had a general idea of the method at first, but wanted to be sure. I purchased it and it downloaded without a flaw.

Quality:

As always with T11, TRUE HD in addition to very good editing and music.

The Trick Itself:

The trick itself is very good. I find that it is VERY versatile and can be used with ANYTHING. A name, a word, a number, a card, a coin, a date...

The possibillities for this are limitless. Seriously.

Method:

I find the method to be fairly time consuming, but it is darn practical. This takes probbably about 20 minutes to make a good gimmick, but after you have it, you can carry it around.

Then, at your favorite restaraunt or at a pool, or near a fountain, or if you are possibly performing at sea...

You can "pick up" this napkin (or shirt, or cardboard, or flag, or whatever) and hand it out to be examined. Then, with a quick sprinkle of water, their thoughts appear! This is REALLY cool and very practical.

You can then either give away the napkin as a suivineer (sp?) or you can keep it and do it again to another table.

Teacher/ Teaching:

Matheiu Bich actually teaches this one himself. He teaches it very well (and has a SWEET French accent). Easy to understand and he goes over the making of the gimmick STEP BY STEP. Very easy to undestand.

Price:

10 bucks for this trick isn't bad. Really, with a trick like this though, I would have much rather paid 20 and gotten it as a hard copy DVD.

That might just be me...

Anyway, this is practical, easy, and has TOO many possibilities!

One Problem:

My only con to this is that I was hoping to make this gimmick today, but I can't. I wish I could, but to do so, I have to go buy something from the store (that I BET none of you have) for about 5 bucks. The good news is that it is readily available at MOST places, so...

Plus the secret was dissapointing. Another one of those things that you can create just by walking through a store. I still feel it was worth the money cause I DIDN'T create it, but I could have. Smile

Seriusly though. Take a lesson from this. Next time you are at a Target, Walmart, K-Mart, Kroger, Office Max, look around. Look at objects you don't normally see. Check what they do, and what you can do with them. I recently invented a trick with some pens because of this.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, this is a darn good deal. I like it a lot and I feel it was WELL worth the money.

I reccomend this product to anyone. Go out and buy this now!

Overall Rating:

I rate this a 4 out of 5.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
So far I can't find what I need in the UK can anybody help?
Cheers
Roni
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hmmmm....

I AM intrigued, but, Roni states he cannot find the "necessary" in the UK. Makes me wonder what the "necessary" might be.

I will wait on a few more reviews about this - Lord knows I have a ton of stuff to catch up on! *Glares at Steven Youell, Cameron Francis, Peter Duffie, Harry Lorayne, Aldo Colombini, Shinpei Ogawa, Ben Harris, Lou Boudreaux, Tommaso Guglielmi, Vinny Marini, Scott Guinn, and Liam Mortier and whispers: "You guys keep releasing great magic and now what life I DID have is gone!! Smile Thanks guys Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad

PS: Jay Sankey as well. I picked up Kaleidoscope and Twister last week. GRRRRR!!! My band HATES me now because I am falling behind on music, my professors are NOT grasping the concept that magic is FAR more important that B.F. Skinner, and my cats, well, best not speak of THEIR reaction!! What has gone awry with this world that people and felines don't understand the need for MORE magic!!!! Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4551 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I made 20 good gimmicks in less than 10 minutes. Right now I have a drawer full of Watermark gimmicks. Very easy to make.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
How long does it take to make the gimmick, and cost?

Regards,
Mike
Groovebird
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Groovebird
Can you make a stage trick out of this?
I'm looking for a way to reveal the face of a celebrity (stencilled) on a big piece of paper ( A2 or A1 size )

Would it be visible? or is the reveal always blurry (pieces that do get wet, but actually shouldn't and the other way around )