The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Triplet by Mick Ayres (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
This is a very nice set of ideas, and in my opinion is a strong trick (substitute other word if you're squeamish about the term 'trick', but you know what I mean). The combination of three card selections is very well constructed, with the culmination around one selection which is just thought of by a spectator, without them touching the cards at all, being a punchy ending. With a minimal amount of card handling involved by the performer too, it's not at all difficult in terms of the mechanics. There is a nod in the direction of Eddie Fields too, which for me never goes amiss in terms of getting the work done in a satisfyingly sneaky way. Ten of your American dollars for one trick, and it's a good one.

http://www.mickayreswares.com/dramas__presentations
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I join my vote. Mick Ayres is one of the too scarce magicians using their brain.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
This routine is a great example of proper structuring. I've learned a lot from studying and performing it.

Really opened my eyes to the importance of coreography and staging, and as a plus, it packs a whallop!
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Thank you for your comments (and the compliment, Lawrence) about Triplet! This routine is my favorite one to perform.

There is one point I'd like to mention: although Triplet was designed specifically as a presentation of Mentalism, the methodology (as mentioned by Muse) has a history of sailing right past the most learned magicians.

Thank you again...and grand holidays to you all.

Mick Ayres
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Triplet is sweet!

Nathan
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Thank you, Nate.
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.