The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Drawn Apart by Chase Hubler - reviews? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Anyone have a review for this or own it?

Looks very cool:

http://www.imperfect-reality.com/imperfe......art.html
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I have this and love it. Its really simple and well thought out.
I would definitely recommend this if you liked what you saw in the trailer.
Jesse Stickley
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
14 Posts

Profile of Jesse Stickley
Hello, I am one of the guys who have worked on this for Chase Hubler.

Chase died back in october, as some of you may know, while this was still on preorder. We took a step back and came to a mutal agreement within the team that Chase would have wanted this released. So, here it is!

There are a few variations taught on the download (dvd is coming).

These go from different ways to get in and out of the effect, routines to do with the princple, and of course, Chases's original handling.

There are other effects out there that might look simalar, but the one that really stands this one out in my eyes is the fact that in one variation you can literally borrow the paper, AND the pen to perform this. 1 peice of paper, no switches, no funny stuff.

In the forum of imperfect, you can find a little convincer that ive stumbled on, to where at ANY time during the performance, the ink can be felt, and they will feel nothing, again with no switches and no funny business.

This is direct and to the point, like magic should be.

If anyone has ANY questions at all, please don't hesitate to get ahold of me eaither through imperfect-reality's or through here.. My email address is

Jesse Stickley Magic at verizon dot net

Remove the spaces and the phonics and you got it Smile

Jesse

Click here to view attached image.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Oh wow, I'm definitely buying it then. I originally thought it looked too similar to Fraud but if your convincer is legit then it stands out enough to warrant a purchase.

I was surprised to find no threads about this effect on the Café.

Quote:
On 2007-01-11 14:56, Jesse Stickley wrote:
In the forum of imperfect, you can find a little convincer that ive stumbled on, to where at ANY time during the performance, the ink can be felt, and they will feel nothing, again with no switches and no funny business.
jon_maronge
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of jon_maronge
Hey guys, I just wanted to post my review on drawn apart. I love this effect and I know you will too.

DRAWN APART REVIEWED

Quality: 10/10 The Effect is taught very well on the video. It outlines step by step what you must do in detail so you are not left with any questions.

Effect: 10/10 The Effect is incredible. Writing on a piece of paper and being able to move the permanent marker that is embedded into the fibers of the papers is impossible to do. Your spectators have no idea about what will be happening, and can’t believe their eyes once they see the ink move. Your spectators can even feel the ink ANYTIME during the performance.

Method: 9/10 After watching the demo over and over, I could not figure it out. Very surprising to see how it is accomplished. The method is so practical for everyday magic that I’m thinking of other applications to use it for.

Teaching: 10/10 The Teaching on this Video leaves you with no questions. It is taught in such a manner, you will be able to perform it like a professional as soon as you finish watching it.

Difficulty: 3/10 The effect is so simple to perform that I could let a7 year old watch the tutorial and he would be performing it perfectly with an hour of practice. For Pros, you will be performing this every chance you get once you know the secrets to its performance.

Price: 10/10 This Effect is worth its weight in gold. Once you see it performed, it could easily be worth double the price. Once you own the effect, you will find it to be priceless.

Overall: 12/10 Whether you are a seasoned professional or a beginner to magic, you will want to own this. The reactions you get with this are worth it. One girl it was performed for asked me if I could autograph it for her and then told me that she would like to tell her friends about it, but she would be too scared to tell them what happened because they would think that she is crazy.

This Effect is an impossibility that is made reality. Your audience will be speechless!

Jon Maronge
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Also look for don't lose your head by Alan Rorrison.......www.alanrorrison.com
Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
Hello Alan,

I agree, if you haven't seen-it already checkout "Don't Lose Your Head" by Alan Rorrison it's a wonderful little effect.

Peace,

-Erick
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Once you learn the technique, it really is a nice way to create your own effects. I recently put together a system using it with a gospel angle. In it, Jesus is drawn in a tomb, a rock rolls over the tomb, rolls away and Jesus rises out of it...good stuff.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ill say thank you for using my system...... alan
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I've known Alan for a few good years now and he has been using his baby "Don't loose your head" for as long as I’ve known him. He's sent me numerous progression videos and each one looking better. Alan is extremely creative as some of you will know (and a very select few will know from his DVD) Alan is very saddened that people have taken his idea and used it, very minimum they could do is credit Alan. Please support the creator and buy the original.

Peace Out,
M:C
Jesse Stickley
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
14 Posts

Profile of Jesse Stickley
Quote:
On 2007-01-14 21:09, Matt Colman wrote:
I've known Alan for a few good years now and he has been using his baby "Don't loose your head" for as long as I’ve known him. He's sent me numerous progression videos and each one looking better. Alan is extremely creative as some of you will know (and a very select few will know from his DVD) Alan is very saddened that people have taken his idea and used it, very minimum they could do is credit Alan. Please support the creator and buy the original.

Peace Out,
M:C

Alan is credited, as so are we on his site. Please don't make insinuations on what you may "think"

Jesse
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Do not discredit an honest opinion....
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
First and formost let me say something. The imperfect team and my self have sat down and worked this all out. I will endorse there no problem. That will not bother me as thay can have it. But don't discredit an honest opinion. that's just not nice
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
I have some questions:

Is the method the same for Don't Lose Your Head and for Drawn Apart (ie- can both be done on either a sheet of paper or the back of a card?)? I will probably purchase one of them in the next few days, but I'd like a little more information on both if there are any differences.

Is there a problem with your 'store' Alan? It says 'Click on a thumbnail to purchase'. I tried clicking on some of the thumbnails to see prices, but all the thumbnails seem to be linked to the page I'm already on.

Drawn Apart is a WMV download. It says "Offered in *WMV format, other formats available on request." What other formats are available?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The methods are fundamentaly the same but ill say buy drawn just now.... The main page of my site does say the store is down. Im workin on a new dvd that will have don't loose among other things on there. as I said. its there let them have it
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I've purchased both Drawn Apart, and Don't Lose Your Head.. Yes.. Both effects ARE SIMMILIAR. but there are MAJOR differences.

While "Don't Lose Your Head" is a great effect, it is a no brainer that
the Drawn Apart DVD is surperior to this card trick. Here are some comparisons

don't Lose Your Head :
a 10 minute instructional video explaining the method behind
this card trick

Drawn Apart:
a 2 hour production DVD with tons of ideas, routines, and
variations of the Drawn Apart effect.

Don't Lose Your Head:
An awesome effect, but can be very obvious if not performed right
The signed card can not be handed back in it's Altered State (The head
has to be moved back to where it was originally.. To me, it lacks magic)

Drawn Apart:
A Devastating Effect.. The signed paper/card/business card
can be handed back immediatly after manipulating the ink.. In it's
altered state!
(There is no switch after you move the head! Read that again ;
There is no switch after you manipulate the ink)

Don't Lose Your Head:
One Card Trick

Drawn Apart:
Has some very cool routines!! My favorit is drawing a picture of a magician
with a rabbit in his hat.. Then the rabbit is pulled out of the hat
in the form of a sponge rabbit.. Perfect lead into a sponge rabbit routine,
and of course.. the signed magician with the top hat can be given to your
spectator... I love this one, Thanks Vlad.

Now, I'm not saying that Alans effect isn't good.. IT IS GREAT! But after watching both videos it is clear that much more thought, and work
was put into this Drawn Apart project. Chase was an awesome guy, and he will be missed for sure.

RIP Chase.. 1987-FOREVER Smile
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Xpilot,

I have a Mac and the wmv file I downloaded only runs on a Windows system PC. I contacted Imperfect Reality and told them my problem... they are producing a mov format which should work fine for any other Mac users out there.

Regards, Steve
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Hi,
I am very interested in drawn apart and wanted to ask about the difficulty level. Is it similar ot Fraud, which I love? Is it impromptu, i.e. can it be done just while sitting around with the guys/gals or is advance prep necessary? Not looking for exposure, just trying to sort out the uses for this effect b/c sort of expensive for one trick. Thanks in advance.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Thanks to everybody that gave answers. Looks like I'll buy Drawn in the next couple days.
illusiOHN
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of illusiOHN
Nice looking effects.

Thanks for the reviews and comparisons so far.