The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Zany - Kyle MacNeill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of monello74
EXCELent again ;-)

I just finished to read this new ebook by Kyle and I am impressed again with his creativity...

I like it a lot.

Good job again and congratulation Kyle.

Bye,
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
https://www.lybrary.com/tommaso-guglielmi-m-52570.html
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks very much Tommy!
May I say, I am Loving your SR ACAAN! Smile
Anway, thanks!

Kyle
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
I look forward to reading Kyle's next material. Creative stuffs!

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks so much Andrew! Smile

Kyle
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Well done, Kyle. You continue to astonish me. The French Fries is a lovely idea. You are going to be dangerous, lad!

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks Ben! Smile

Kyle
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
So ! Once again I have been intrigued by some of Kyle's work and just after reading it I offer you this review of Zany.
Zany is the same style of book as Syncopation, style of book Kyle is fond of writing. In it you'll find 10 effects he created with his unique creativity and originality. Again, I liked most of them even if I liked a bit more Syncopation. It has a bit more cardistry in it. The routines described are really nice and more importantly work well. He tried successfully to hit powerful effects with common techniques of the magic culture, referring to books and names, sometimes talking a bit about history which is very interesting. To me it feels like he thought deeply each routine, even when there were things I disliked. So here are some notes on each effect from Zany !

A (+) has been put on the routines I liked and may use and a (-) has been put on the routines I am not really fond of. (+)/(-) means hesitation ! Smile

PROPERTY KING - Very original sandwich effect, using a Monopoly idea. Very fun to watch and the cards given to print (if you want, since this is not necessary but I think it really is a good idea) will really sell the script. If you like the classic Biddle trick, this sandwich is for you ! (+)

FRIED - Once again a crazy card revelation like WRAPPER in Syncopation. I really like it. It can be used as a thought card revelation which will make it more powerful maybe (talking about subliminal influence maybe ? why not). This is an original idea with two little bonus contributions as alternate presentations. (+)

TWINSANITY - A two coincidence effect using sweets and cards. The method is simple I never thought of that... Clever ! I like this plot but I would have loved to see a better link between the sweets and the playing cards. Well it is a good idea so you just may need to add your own presentation to it to give it a bit more sense and use it properly. (-)

EXCELLENT DECEIT - To me a better version of AUTO CORRECTION's idea from Syncopation. If you liked the idea in Syncopation you'll love it in ZANY. The computer (excel software) tells if the spectator lies about his chosen card ! (+)

HOFFEE BEANS - I like this one a lot, the script is nice and the effect plays big. After a bit of history, Kyles shows you his take on the Hofzinser ace problem. If you like coffe, Kyle gives you his receipe. What else ? (+)

RULE OF GUM - This is another go on the idea of revealing a card, well actually a card value (number) and a color, with an original object, a pack of gums. It involves two packets of cards, one for each element to reveal. The idea is new but I wished it had a better patter to justify the plot with the two elements. They kind of came out of nowhere. (-)

BOOKTEST WITH COINS - I like very much this one ! I think I'm gonna tip a few things of my taste in it to make a longer routine but itself it just works very well ! Simplicity to achieve great effect, a booktest. But the idea used can serve other things. Mentalists, this is useful. (+)

MOVIE NIGHT - Same tool used in A LIBRARYAN'S ACAAN from Syncopation. Here you reveal a movie title thought by the spectator ! Proves the versatility of the barcode tool. See ? Kyle used it to perform an ACAAN and a mind reading ! Versatility at it's best. (+)

MAGIC-ZINE - This is a perfect card transposition effect from a deck to a previously selected magazine page. I would use this trick if the page selection was selected in another way. Maybe I'll use the barcode idea instead ! Anyway, Kyle put great thought into this one with a new technique of this own to load a card into a magazine at a particular page. I think what he found is good and practical ! (+)

LECTURE - If you have a big and large table, this as a trick for you ! Hum seriously, this effect is a whole scenery picturing entities with cards on a table (so it needs space, it is not suited for table hopping) telling a story about a lecture. I am not a big fan of this one as it doesn't fits to my performing style but It must be really fun to watch ! I like it but will not use it. (+)/(-)

If you enjoyed Syncopation, you will enjoy Zany for sure. Again this book is a bargain since it gives new ideas in each routine. I think there are more sleights involved but not difficult ones. I liked a large majority of the material and enjoyed reading it.
Overall rating : 7.5/10

I hope this review will serve you well !

Best,
Louis
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks very much TAB for your kind words!

Kyle
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Check your email inbox Kyle. Smile

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I have checked my Email, and there's nothing...

Kyle
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
This is simply great thinking!out of the box madness.

Well done Kyle great stuff

R
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks very much Rus!

Kyle