The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Going Out of Business Sale - ALL ebooks $5 each! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2010-07-15 23:40, Vlad_77 wrote:

So, to my knowledge we have two full time clergy here. (I rarely visit the Gospel Magic section so there COULD be more).

We have Fr. Photius who is a priest in my faith, Greek Orthodox Christianity, and now Rev. Scott Guinn.

Hi Vlad,

Although I haven't mentioned it on the Café, I also am a priest in the Orthodox Church. So while I'm a fulltime entertainer, I'm also quite busy service in several parishes. Smile

Brian
aka Fr. Vincent
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-07-16 10:43, Brian Lehr wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-15 23:40, Vlad_77 wrote:

So, to my knowledge we have two full time clergy here. (I rarely visit the Gospel Magic section so there COULD be more).

We have Fr. Photius who is a priest in my faith, Greek Orthodox Christianity, and now Rev. Scott Guinn.

Hi Vlad,

Although I haven't mentioned it on the Café, I also am a priest in the Orthodox Church. So while I'm a fulltime entertainer, I'm also quite busy service in several parishes. Smile

Brian
aka Fr. Vincent

Father Bless!

Wonderful to meet you Father Vincent. Actually I do have a question concerning the faith and stage hypnosis if I may PM you please Father?

Yours in Christ,
Vlad

PS: It will seem strange calling you Brian Smile
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2010-07-16 12:16, Vlad_77 wrote:

Father Bless!

Wonderful to meet you Father Vincent. Actually I do have a question concerning the faith and stage hypnosis if I may PM you please Father?

The Blessing of the Lord be upon you!

Feel free to PM. You can also email me at frvincent@sthermans.ca

Also, a big congratulations to Scott for heading into fulltime ministry. May the Lord bless you and grant you many years of service for His Glory!

Fr. Vincent
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hi guys,

Not quitting magic entirely, no. It just won't be my job any more.

Thanks for all the kind words and the orders.

One point: If you're ordering a lot of books, don't get them all at once. My cart system is automated, and it will send them all at once. The combined file size of large orders is causing them to get bounced. So especially for the larger books, order in groups of 2-3.

Thanks!

Scott
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
One nice thing about Scott's books is that even if you do not use a particular trick, he describes and illustrates any moves needed in the routine. For nearly all magicians on the Café, this is worth the price of the books themselves because most authors do not do this and usually leave it to the reader to figure out how the sleight or move is done. For example: "...cull the selected card 15th from the top using your favorite method." You won't have that frustration reading Scott's books.
Yekrats
View Profile
Loyal user
Dayton, Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Yekrats
Scott, aside from your really fantastic terrific name, I really love your books -- chock-full of great magic. Every one of them is a bargain at the normal price, and $5 is almost too good to be true. I'm a newbie, so I'm working up to a regular set of walking-around magic that I will try out this summer. But I found that the slight-of-mind of Assertive Positive Negative to be well within my grasp, so it will be a part of my first routine. Thanks!

I'm not sure who the goofball "male model" you employed to photograph for all of the pictures in your books. (Man, is he goofy-looking!) Whoever he is, I hope he can find a new career, now that you're out of the magic business. (Ha, good luck to that guy!) Smile

Some church will get a really great pastor. Congratulations!

-- Scott Starkey (Yekrats)
--
Corporate or event magic & mentalism: http://WizardoftheWabash.com
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Scott, as long as this is what you want and is going to make you happy, I am happy for you.
Best of luck with everything you do.
I hope to get out your way one day. Maybe you will see me sitting in the pew. Pew... funny word.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

LOL! Thanks Scott and Alec.

Alec, I've wanted to be a pastor since I was 8 years old.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
You know, while serving God is what we are called to do and to love Him above all things, the Café and magic will be greatly diminished by the relative absence of this very good man. But, the world is ALWAYS made better when one of such conviction commits to serving The Living God. We may disagree doctrinally Scott, but, you are a true servant of the Lord and I know I have been made richer in getting to know you through our correspondences.

I felt badly at first "loading up" but, you leave a legacy in this great art and many more now will have access to it.

Just please do not be a stranger? I realize being a clergyman is a full time job. In fact, I had wanted to be a Priest for a very long time. I strive at least now to be a priest without the collar. So please my good friend and brother in Christ, stop by and say hi to your friends here? I never told you this but, one of things that always brightens my day is when I read your posts. And especially your sig, which IS the essence of what we are supposed to BE and DO.

Not only in this thread, but in thread after thread it is evident you have touched many lives. Tears came to my eyes when I read of how Ian touched YOUR life. Well, it seems he touched mine as well.

May He who rose from the dead, trampling down death, even Christ our True God, bless you and yours always my dear friend.

Vlad.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

You are a kind and true friend, Vlad, although we've never met, and I truly appreciate your encouragement. I wish and pray for only the best for you and yours.
My Lybrary Page
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
945 Posts

Profile of andykean
Good luck
I have bought some of your material before great real world stuff.
just ordered more a bargain
kind regards
Andy
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Couldn't resist, Scott. I regret that there will be no new Great Scott books or booklets to review at TMT, but our loss is the rest of humanity's gain. God bless you as you go forth to save the world, one soul at a time.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks guys!
My Lybrary Page
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Just bought 6 books from you and it's really nice! Wish you all the luck !

Greetings from The Netherlands Smile
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Scott, GOOD LUCK with your new full time position. Was wondering why you don't just sell all your ebooks through Lybrary. You spent years working on this excellent material and can even donate the proceeds to your church!
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Hi Scott,

Well now I know why you cancelled the lecture tour. That is certainly a very fine reason. I'm sorry my guys won't get the chance to see you this time, but I look forward to when our paths cross again. Until then, I wish you all of the best for a happy and fulfilling life,

Marc
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I sincerely thank you for your generous 'farewell' offer, and wish the best for your future endeavors. I have a feeling you'll be around when you have the time. God Bless.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1783 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Scott is a true gent. As a moderator and contributor to this forum he has been unfailingly gracious, though I have especially relished the small handful of times he has become riled!

I hope you don't abandon the Café completely Scott. Meanwhile good luck!

And if you haven't got any of SCott's material, now's your chance: it's all worth reading.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks guys! I'll definitely be popping in from time to time here.

Marc: Yes, the new job is the reason I bagged the lecture tour. I couldn't very well take the full-time position only to tell them I needed three weeks off two months after I was hired!
My Lybrary Page
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Good luck to you in your new life.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com