The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: "Out Of This Cosmos" :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
GKurtz
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of GKurtz
Its out today though....
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 05:53, Logan wrote:
Whatever it is,

remember guys, it's not US that it's meant to fool...

Right

... and their web page http://www.rostamimagic.com was down when I last looked at it, probably for maintenance.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
slangers
View Profile
New user
Denmark
86 Posts

Profile of slangers
But if this effect is as good as described, I should fool magicians too. I have no clue after seeing the (edited) demo, and I like it that way.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I hope Greg gets up early.
slangers
View Profile
New user
Denmark
86 Posts

Profile of slangers
I hope so too. But if he sets the site up at noon in Los Angeles, I will still have to wait eight and a half hour! Smile
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Is this due out today then?
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
Hindu Shuffle is very popular in Asia. In fact most people do it that way when gambling. Just FYI
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
But Mr.Rostami lives in Los Angeles.

Hideo Kato
magicmonkey99
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicmonkey99
Actually all of my laymen friends use the hindu shuffle. They don't know how to riffle shuffle
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 03:46, GKurtz wrote:
And from th short clip, I think I have figured it out, and just tried it on a friend and fried him, so even if it isn't the way it should be done, I now have a killer routine, YYYEEESSS!!!

I've read with great interest the many pages in the secret sessions.

Now I've downloaded the demo video and, sorry GKurtz, I don't think you have FIGURED IT OUT by yourself.
GKurtz
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of GKurtz
Then I have made my own version up, and it wasnt revealed in the secret sessions, Greg wouldnt give anything away, and why hasn't it been released yet, it says the 10th on his site and it is the 10th.
slangers
View Profile
New user
Denmark
86 Posts

Profile of slangers
Gkurtz think about time zones. Just a little reminder ;-)
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
FYI, Greg Rostami has posted in the secret sessions about Cosmos website...

<obsolete link removed by staff>
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of kipling100
I'm confused how people can deduce anything from the demo? I think it's pretty miminal (for good reason). I'm confused how crimping explains anything seen on that demo? After all, the spec decides where to put all the cards...
GKurtz
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of GKurtz
Ok guys, just spoken to Greg, and my method was wrong, so I now have my own version, and he said it should be done in just less than 7 hours, let the count down begin!!!
slangers
View Profile
New user
Denmark
86 Posts

Profile of slangers
I agree. You just cant get the right solution out of that demo. How would you find out how it is done, if you don't even see the move executed?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 14:19, slangers wrote:
I agree. You just cant get the right solution out of that demo. How would you find out how it is done, if you don't even see the move executed?

At least one person agrees with me.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2885 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Guys,

I just discovered this thread. Here are a few answers to your questions:

The lady in the video is NOT a magician.
A Hindu Shuffle has NOTHING to do with the method of COSMOS.
I looked at the video and I could only count 24 cards, 26 cards has NOTHING to do with the method of COSMOS.
I spoke with GKurtz, and as he's stated his method would not work.

Guys, please remember, we are no longer in Secret Sessions, if you have any theories feel free to PM me or discuss them amongst yourselves, but please don't post publicly. It just puts down my trick, and makes it seem like it's trivial to solve.

The COSMOS website will be going up today. We are just trying to work out a few last minute bugs before we go public.

Now back to work,

Greg Rostami
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Thank of - EDITED!(?) Smile

Smile

P.S. After reading Greg's above post I have edited my post.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 16:00, grostami wrote:

Guys, please remember, we are no longer in Secret Sessions, if you have any theories feel free to PM me or discuss them amongst yourselves, but please don't post publicly.

Greg Rostami has a point here. I agree with him on this.

Whether or not you have figured out how to perform this effect, don't post exact details here.

Just post in secret sessions or, better yet (for Rostami at least Smile) wait few hours and then download his effect.

Also, if you figured out the method because of the various hints given in the secret sessions by some of us and then by comparing those hints to the free demo you downloaded, you should still buy Rostami effect as a thank you. Just my opinion, in this specific case.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!