The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Reading money? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
I have put together a bunch of money routines with bills. Easy to carry, fun to perform goes with my job.

I thought about doing short readings with the money. Is there such a thing?

Thanks

J
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2785 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Numerology
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Numerology

Yea I thought of adding the serial number yes. that's one way.

Of all the images on the various bill denominations I thought of assigning things to each image.

Have a spec take a few bills and drop them on the table landing one side or the other and proceed to talk.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
I also know voodini has a coin reading I own. Perhaps I'll add that to the set.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2150 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I’ll have to find it in my University library, but a few years ago I saw a book with a title like Tge Etruscan Oracle. It used coins in a novel way that I can’t recall. It was something to do with patterns of heads and tails, but wasn’t practical for me at the time.

I Ching sometimes uses coins to determine the hexagram to look up.

Patrick
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I have, but it's not written up and is part of a bigger thing...

So good on ya. John, keep thinking about it and the different ways in which money can be messed about with and the meanings that each imply...
I've asked to be banned
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
In my booklet, NINE, (available at Lybrary.com) I have a routine entitled "Masonic Numerology" in which the performer uses a dollar bill to provide a quick reading for the participant by having them call out the totals of neighboring digits, and then as a kicker, divines the serial number.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
I have your book 9. I'll look it up. Thanks.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5938 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
John, you had a nice personality reading system a few years back. Adapting that to quick observation things like what one carries their cash in, how its organized, and what condition the bills are in could make for a simple foundation.

"This bill has a crease in it which seems it could be months old. This could indicate that to you money is just a tool rather than something to be too concerned about..."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2018, Tom Cutts wrote:
John, you had a nice personality reading system a few years back. Adapting that to quick observation things like what one carries their cash in, how its organized, and what condition the bills are in could make for a simple foundation.

"This bill has a crease in it which seems it could be months old. This could indicate that to you money is just a tool rather than something to be too concerned about..."

Yea Tom I have been thinking about things like which bill they may choose...is it a crisp bill, or a tattered one.
(You tend to be the kind of person that likes everything in it's a place, a perfectionist. Perhaps you have been used to get ting your way and "only the best". Or, you seem to be laid back and able to take things as they come. No great expectations of life...yet!

How they lay the bill out... did they fold it in half with the head visible and if so, did they lay it out with the face visible or the back of the head. (are you a forward thinker looking ahead and making plans for the future or are you the type to take life as it comes and settle with the past.)

Let's look at your special number....

Perhaps as a final kicker and as a result of gathering these things about the spec I would perform a Positive negative routine.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
I think a psychometry with old Bank notes and describing the history of the note and the journeys it's been on and people it's been in contact with would be nice
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2018, Looch wrote:
I think a psychometry with old Bank notes and describing the history of the note and the journeys it's been on and people it's been in contact with would be nice

History is interesting to make it a part certainly. And perhaps associating the history aspects of the bill with personality traits.

More on this later.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2027 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I perform the version of Jackpot Coins taught in the first volume of Scripting Magic. It can include the interesting Al Baker memory about performing it for Albert Einstein. People do respond to it.

George
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Further more... if they put the house side facing up the discussion is based on the number 4 of security and the importance of family etc.

And, if the bill is folded in half and only half the house shows there is a sense that you may have trouble at home or haven't quit made a decision to leave home (depending on the person reading for). You like the security and are still dependent on living with parents etc. Or perhaps you're making a decision on moving but haven't quit committed.

More on this later...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Have them lay three bills horizontally any 3 in any way ie folded in half, open, either side up or down. This represents past present and future. Or utilize the same method as card reading where one bill influences another.

Just typing out loud.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Quote:

Looch, you beat me to it. I do this when someone puts a bill in my hand during my blindfold routine, gets an amazing response.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
John, look into origami money too...

A shirt dollar bill
Heart
Star

Makes for good give aways too

Crumpled up dollars Vs clean unfolded, folded up but how many times...

What is hidden Vs what can be seen...
I've asked to be banned
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of Waters.
John, et al,

I like Iain’s thoughts on this. Don Theo described a way he performs dollar readings. In incorporates much of what Iain said, but ends with the origin of the bill. In other words, he traces the ownership back to the source. That can be done in a subtle way with dollar bills (which I describe in print). It is an often underused piece of knowledge. Alain Nu also has some psychometric techniques related to bills.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:

https://www.wheresgeorge.com/
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2018, IAIN wrote:
John, look into origami money too...

A shirt dollar bill
Heart
Star

Makes for good give aways too

Crumpled up dollars Vs clean unfolded, folded up but how many times...

What is hidden Vs what can be seen...

Yes sir. I mentioned the folding issues.

The oragami could be included in the final kicker.