The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Recommendations re wallets (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
I’m looking for your recommendations re magical wallets. I have 3 areas of interest:

(A) a good Himber wallet for switching purposes. Preferably vertical ’jacket’ style wallet approx. 7 x 3.5 inches.

(B) a good wallet for ’finding’ a signed card or billet in a sealed envelope inside a zippered compartment

(C) a good index wallet for providing x outs, be they billets or cards.

Any recommendations, guys? Price isn’t the issue, just quality, dependability, resemblance to a real wallet and durability.

"To get anywhere needs not just initiative but also finishative".
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
You could also have a look at Roy Roth's site

http://www.rarmagic.com Smile
Wallace B
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Mr Rowland I use personally (I know that mean nothings but..) I say that because it’s a good one wallet for the card in the wallet.

I prefer it because it is small and good quality... go at http://www.camirandmagic.com

in hope you find what you need (and I can have a better price for you let me know but shuuuu... )

K

"mentalism is not boring...

it’s the mentalist!!!"

K
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
I have been looking for exactly the same kind of items this weekend (but of course without seeing the actual appartus, it is difficult).

But from just my searching, I would like to know about the Peter Nardi’s "Mind Spy Wallet" which seems to be all in one: Impression pad, multi-outs, card to wallet in zippered compartment, add-a number, a peek device for drawings, etc, for $80 from MagicSmith. Peter is to be demonstrating at the MindMagic 2001 in London November 11th.

Ian, perhaps you can check it out ... Smile
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
739 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
This is a great wallet, worth every dime. I use it, mainly, for Bob Cassidy’s Calendar effect. I got mine from Stevens Magic Emporium, but napped this description from Hank Lee.

Miller Miracle Wallet From Ray Piatt, a wallet - really a card case that holds business cards or playing cards up to poker-size - that fits in a shirt pocket, is ultra thin and allows you to open to four different compartments, instead of the standard two compartments in a Himber Wallet.

This is a real utility item. It can be used for any effect requiring ’outs.’ One, two, three or four ’outs.’

Use double envelopes to get up to eight ’outs!’ You can switch playing cards, business cards, credit cards, papers, envelopes - anything flat that will fit in the pocket of the wallet.

It is perfect for Date Book effects.

With the four built-in, wet-erase note pads, you can switch words, numbers, drawings, etc. The note pads can also be used for Add-A-Number effects.

The Viz-a-Viz wet-erase pen included with the Miller Miracle Wallet writes with a stroke that looks like that of a regular pen - unlike the typical ’dry-erase’ pen. And you can use each pad over and over again.

You get the appearance of a pad without the bulk of a pad! Included with the wallet are several excellent mentalism routines plus a bonus magic effect using paper currency. Designed by Roy Miller and custom built by Ray and Lisa Piatt, the wallet is made of the finest quality leather.

Easy to carry with you at all times. It will fit comfortably in your shirt pocket, your pants pocket, or any of your jacket pockets. Thanks to the slim state-of-the-art design, your audience will be aware of only one opening. A perfectly natural looking prop, one you will be proud to own. $105.00

When in doubt…drop an anvil
TC Tahoe - The Intuitionist
The 33rd Most Interesting Man in the World
http://www.tctahoe.com
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Quote:

Peter is to be demonstrating at the MindMagic 2001 in London November 11th.

Ian, perhaps you can check it out ... Smile

I will.
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Re the Mind Spy wallet, I've posted some comments on 'The Good the bad and the garbage'.
fordkross
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fordkross
http://www.rfaproductions.com/
try Tony Miller, at above sitehis quality tops, prices reasonable. Particularly reccomend his real man's wallet
Tell him F0ord said Hi
from
Ford
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Quote:
On 2001-10-19 11:15, Ian Rowland wrote:
I’m looking for your recommendations re magical wallets. I have 3 areas of interest:

(A) a good Himber wallet for switching purposes. Preferably vertical ’jacket’ style wallet approx. 7 x 3.5 inches.

available from http://www.dennymagic.com
classic himber, excellent quality

(B) a good wallet for ’finding’ a signed card or billet in a sealed envelope inside a zippered compartment

BKM wallet from Tony Miller also makes other wallets as mentioned. All excellent quality.

(C) a good index wallet for providing x outs, be they billets or cards.

Larry Becker's versadex. As you know, he has other wallets to look at also.

Ted (Leondo)

"To get anywhere needs not just initiative but also finishative".

Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Mind Spy works for me.
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.