The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Banacheck's "Radio Magic" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mike Spremulli
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Mike Spremulli
I have many of Banachek's works and I am delighted with all of them. I don't, however, own "Radio Magic" -- yet. Here's my question: do the routines require you to be an in-studio guest, or can they be done via a phone interview (if the latter is true, I'll be ordering tomorrow). Smile

I do quite a few phone interviews on radio stations across the country and would love to incorporate a sliver of mentalism/magic at the end of each interview.

Regards,

Mike Spremulli Smile
stevenking
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, England
61 Posts

Profile of stevenking
Buy it, you won't be disappointed

Regards

Steven King
MANDRAGORE
View Profile
New user
N.Ireland
72 Posts

Profile of MANDRAGORE
there are great effects in it and it is very practical if you want to do radio magic.

ben
Mike Spremulli
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Thanks guys Smile

I'll order it on Monday.

Cheers

Mike Spremulli Smile
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
While I second the recommendation, I must take a moment to answer your question directly. A lot of the material does require you to be in the studio, so that the host can verify things, and be the audience's eyes. I'm fairly sure there is material that can be done over the phone, too, but much of the material must be done in studio.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
It will give you a genral idea how is it like to appear on radio.
how to get booked.
Etc.
But most of the effects are "by Testomony".
The host says that you are right or something like that and i don't find it that strong.
You better buy his "Psychological Subtleties"
if you are looking for long distance effects.
It will make you think.

Yaniv Deautsch
Mike Spremulli
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Thanks Andy and Yaniv,

That's exactly the information that I was looking for. I have Banacheck's PS, I think that I need to blow the dust off of it to find a few gems that will meet my need.

Reversal, is one that comes to mind.

Regards,

Mike Spremulli
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Actually, everyone is correct but I must say that some of the effects can be done over the phone, one-on-one or one-on-many. It's true that for some effects it's best to be in the studio to have the announcer verify the honesty of the conditions.

Radio Magic is now only available in CD form (we have discontinued the cassette tape) and it easy to jump to whatever track interests you and/or allow you to review some specific area.

I hope this helps.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
stevenking
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, England
61 Posts

Profile of stevenking
Quote:
On 2002-04-29 10:25, Scott Wells wrote:
Actually, everyone is correct ...

Me especially!

Do I get any commission?? Smile