The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Tony Le Mesmer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
Hi guys,
What can you tell me about Tony Le Mesmer?

Yaniv Deautsch
Rob
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Rob
The dance of diabolos; the void of solitude.

Tony Le Mesmer was a great magician-hypnotist. One of the best.
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Possibly a UK-centric answer... "Tony Le Mesmer" was the name of a guest stage hypnotist on the spoof chat show "Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge", which started life as a (great) comedy on Radio 4 before transferring (less successfully) to BBC television.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Thanks guys.
I was hoping for more advance information.
Any chance?
Thanks,
Yaniv Deautsch.
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
Tony's incredible routine utilising his unbelievabele 'Cage of Katmandu' was one of the highlights of his performance on the Partridge show. Also his instant hypnotism skills put Derren Brown to shame. Forget the hard to find 'Levitating Arm' trick, Tony had Partridge turning his neck through 360 degrees and emitting pellets!
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
Thanks for reminding me of that hilarious show. I seem to remember he also hypnotized Partridge to do an impression of a scary monster every time he uttered his own catch-phrase.
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

So Was he an actor or a real hypnotist?

Yaniv Deautsch
Tristan
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
48 Posts

Profile of Tristan
Which year did he his show on BBC?
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
He was a spoof hypnotist played by a comic actor called David Schnieder. Not sure of the exact year, around the early to mid 90's. The show is often repeated on cable channels UK Gold and UK Play.

BTW Yaniv, where did you hear of the name? Maybe there is a real Tony Le Mesmer out there, it's a pretty cool name. Might start using it myself!
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

You can download two bits of Tony Le Mesmer
from http://www.audiogalaxy.com .
Just do a music search{type in Tony Le mesmer} and continue from there.

Yaniv Deautsch
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
I am a magician and also a huge fan of Alan Partridge... it's funny this post should ome up because I was watching the video just last week! He makes a woman appear in a cage and hypnotises Alan, but he is NOT a real magician/hypnotist!

Smile Very funny show, buy it from amazon!
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
Tony Le Mesmer also made Alan believe he was driving toward Norwich with Ursula Andress in the passenger seat. She begged him to pull over so they could make love, but Alan pointed out the appalling breach of the Highway Code this would constitute.

BTW, Saxon, I guess we're neighbours (Lowestoft).