The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: I was credited as being psychic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
I just want to share a pleasant experience I had yesterday.
I was at a birthday party (as a guest) and I noticed that my friend´s baby brother was sitting doing nothing. He seemed not to have so much fun, maybe he felt too old (12) so I asked him if he wanted to play some games, and I suggested "Memory". He wanted that so we started playing. First I did not use anything else than my natural memory. He won. Then I used memory techniques, and a secret I learned from a 3-year-old girl I once met. This time he was flabbergasted, and his jaws dropped several times! One of his comments afterwards was that I might be psychic, since I seemed to know what the cards were before they had been turned the first time (which I did in that case). This reaction was totally unexpected, but I must say that I felt very pleased! So I made magic for him not even trying, and not even knowing I did!

:)

Mikael
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
I suspect that many people here have been wrongly credited with such "powers", whether they've claimed them or not. Many years ago at a party I unknowingly did a card trick for a born again christian and was surprised to be told that such things were "suspect" in the eyes of the church. Of course I disclaimed any psychic ability, but short of explaining how the trick worked there wasn't much I could do. Worse still, another christian once told me that while she could see that most of the things done by Paul Daniels (a popular U.K. entertainer) were just tricks a few could not be explained execpt by "dark forces" of some kind. Perhaps it didn't help but I did agree that some of his effects were diabolical.
fordkross
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of fordkross
Yes, magicians are always surprised to hear, that by certain fundamentalist groups, magic is considered a dark art. I suppose because of the conflict between Moses and the court magician of the Pharough. I'm told because of his Muslim faith, Mohammed Ali explains his tricks after performing the, So he won't be accused of fooling people.
from
Ford
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Yes, that is true of Ali, he once used the thumb tip then explained it on TV over here years back.