The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Most gifted Aussie psychic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
Have any Australians (or anyone else) seen this show:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/b/the-one/

If so what do you think?

The show really seems to be giving a fair go to psychics who claim to be the real thing, rather than performers.

I assume this show has been based on a US version, but I don't know much of its background.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Ha. Yep. Just turned it off.

Started getting fidgety when the host said..

"... getting them to find the grave site in such a big area was a big ask"

No, Mr Daddo. They have psychic POWERS and are being lead by the ghost of Ned Kelly... they should know EXACTLY where to go.

Funny really.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
They had a similar one here in the States as well. I really enjoyed it.

America's Psychic Challenge.

Worth a watch if this type of thing interests you. Google it they have the complete 1st series on their website.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
Quote:
On 2008-07-22 06:38, Paul Shirley wrote:
Ha. Yep. Just turned it off.

Started getting fidgety when the host said..

"... getting them to find the grave site in such a big area was a big ask"

No, Mr Daddo. They have psychic POWERS and are being lead by the ghost of Ned Kelly... they should know EXACTLY where to go.

Funny really.

It is quite amusing and some of them should really work on their acting.
It's interesting that the show goes out of it's way to give the psychics the benefit of the doubt. Even though there are skeptics judging what is being done, there is no mocking or poking fun at the psychics. I almost expected some of that kind of thing.
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
I loved the first(?) episode when they were giving readings to Olympic athletes...
"I feel that you have a major event coming up in your professional life..."
hahahaha
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I work Tuesday nights, and have to record it. But I love it!! Gives me a good giggle on a Wednesday. Have you noticed they're being very vague as to how many people get voted off each week? "Atleast one person will be going home tonight...". Do you think this is so they can pull the show earlier if it's not rating well, instead of dragging it out for 8 weeks?

There's an Aussie guy named Robert Matic who is writing a review for the JREF every week which they are putting in their newsletter SWIFT each Friday. There are two reports available so far. Quite interesting...

http://www.randi.org

Cheers,

-- Topher
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
I was highly amused by the woman who got a strong feeling of choking and proceeded to mimic a choking cough, when around the Ned Kelly stuff. Every Australian knows that Ned Kelly was hung, so I don't know why she bothered playing that up.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18080 Posts

Profile of Slim King
And if she wasn't playing it would have been right on ... correct?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I haven't seen last nights episode, but I have it on my HD recorder. Looking forward to it.

Samurai, I'm not sure what you're referring to?

-- Topher