The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Stupid mistake (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Smile

I had a gig this evening(just home) 150 people at a hotel. Went really really well 40 minute programme, great crowd, great laugh. Smile One problem I have a routine (big part show) where a billet is s******* and placed in a cup. At the end of the show I always do the "clean up" so if there are nosy people, they will be given nothing to go on. Tonight I forgot the clean up, so head-wrecking! I've done over 180 shows this year and not once have I forgotten till now. Smile So now as I write this the glass with the infamous billet is sitting waiting to be looked upon...My only saving grace that it's not totally out in the open (guess reason why I forgot to clean it up), it's actually a small glass on the floor in between 2 chairs...but in saying that its still in view...a bit of a stretch for someone to notice it but still possible. Smile All well wishes, handshakes, etc., etc., don't mean much as all I can think about is that bloody billet and my brain freeze. Sorry just had to vent :/
Mik
View Profile
Regular user
Luton UK now Seattle US
189 Posts

Profile of Mik
Some person cleaning up the room will have probably picked it up and discarded it not knowing what it is. Bet you won't do it again Smile
From the mind of Mik
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Lol I wont Mik Smile Hope your right still though very head wrecking!
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I was attending a show recently that the same thing happened.

The killer part is the performer had me fooled as to how he could do the presentation and let the spectator keep the hot bit.

I was quite impressed during the show.

-Jim

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
The person cleaning the room will most probably just be concerned with getting thoer job done and moving on. A scrap of paper in a glass is just garbage...Right?
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
This too shall pass.

I have done similar things...I bet most performers have.It feels painful now but the feeling will quickly subside.

On a positive note..you won't make the same mistake,and I agree with Mik your concerns are most likely unwarrented.

Best.
Rich
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1474 Posts

Profile of jstone
I was doing an effect using OTL principle on my business cards. After the signed business card was on the table, I pocket the business cards. A few moments later I was reaching in my pocket for some other prop, and out pops the OTL "gimmick" right on the table.

My heart sank. One guy saw it, and the look in his eye made it clear to me that he knew what it was. I casually picked it up, pocketed and said to the one guy, "you know what that is don't you?" Let's keep it between the two of us, and I winked.

He smiled and the rest of the act went on without a problem. Whew! Close one!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Cheers lads! Smile Ah your most likely right...chances are remote someone will notice it and actually check it out but still poor on my part!I wont sleep well tonight..devil is in the details...no doubt I'll see him laughing in my dreams..
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Some people might pick up the Dummy Billet...and open it...when they see it's contain different information....they just think you can make the writing magicaly morph in to different writing
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I think the odds are in your favor.