The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Mind reading? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MANDRAGORE
View Profile
New user
N.Ireland
72 Posts

Profile of MANDRAGORE
The other night i have a friend of mine who rang me. he asked me to think of a date (ie: 25/03) he said add the day and the month together ( in my case 28) and he found out my number. i was astonished by this trick. i beleive that has been published in a book called "mobile mentalism". For those who knows how it is done if you have any knowledge of tricks working on the same principle would be brilliant and much appreciated.

ben
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
You are correct. It is Mark Striving's original telephone effect "Almost Numerology" from his excellent book, "Mobile Mentalism". If you get the book, let me know. I developed a followup that will let you get the thought of date. You can contact Mark at markyapril@aol.com
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Marlelli beat me to it, which is how it should be! Yes, it's 'Sort of Numerology' from 'Moble Mentalism'. In my humble opinion, if you visit this forum then Mark's 'Mobile Mentalism' book is a must-buy. It's one of theose rare magic books that is not only full of great stuff that you would otherwise take forever to gather together, but is also great fun to read.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
290 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
Ian and Marelli, you both make me blush. I'm flattered as always when anyone likes my materials. Thanks for the kind words. It's nice to actually hear the response from someone 'out there', Mandragore! Sort-Of Numerology is a fun effect which I have used on radio, one-on-one, for groups large and small, and even via IM chat online (it worked beautifully!). No one was more surprised than myself at that one!

Which reminds me, Volume II of Mobile Mentalism is currently in the works (along with three other new books to be released in the next few months). If anyone has something that they feel makes for good strolling mentalism that they would like to submit (I reserve all final publishing decisions, of course), please let me know OFF LIST (at MarkyApril@aol.com). Those who do get published in Volume II will receive a complimentary copy of the book as well as the unabashed envy of your peers! All kidding aside, I've already got a fair amount of material (both my own and from several others) on hand, but would love to hear from YOU! Drop me a note and let's talk. Thanks!

I trust this finds everyone well and busy! Take care.

Mark Strivings
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
Mark, I like everyone else greatly look forward to the new books. Let us know as much as you can about these as soon as you can Smile