The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: "Postcards from the Wizard" Free Lottery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I will be giving out three free PDF's of my newest release "Postcards from the Wizard" ...

Martin Gardner calls the effect "great!" ... No kidding! More reviews on the way.

To be fair, please PM me and request the PDF (There may be some mistakes but I hope to have them fixed by the time the lottery is over... No Guarantees)
Please include a three digit number with your request. Jim Callahan has chosen a Mystery "three digit" Number that even I don't know. Everyone can PM me just once Please. When my PM box is full I will send the PDF to the three individuals that have come closest to the Mystery Number. In case of a tie, I may have to give out more than 3 free copies.
Thanks, and good guessing!
Let the lottery begin. Smile
22 spaces left in my PM box.

There are 16 spaces left.

I made some more room. There are 12 left. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I had the pleasure of reading an early copy of "Postcards from the Wizard".
It is indeed a remarkable effect and left me quite perplexed as to how it could be possibly done.

Slim King has worked this all out for you and it is very clever. Caught me by surprise!

Good Luck All...you will really enjoy winning and learning this.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
What a cool way to give out an effect!

The word on the street is that all those who choose the number 666 will not win but will have a very strange dream tonight to post in the Dreamers Awake thread.

DT3
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
And we all know who guessed 911. Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
No room at the inn. Smile
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Darn, looks like tony and I missed the boat this time.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm up early for a gig at The House of Blues. All 22 lottery positions have been filled. Some of you PM'ed but forgot to choose a number . Please do so now. I am at Universal and the HOB both today so I will not be able to return until this evening and get back online.
Thanks everyone.
The fun is just beginning.
:band: Smile Smile Smile

Actually 24 members managed to sign up (Some snuck in on old PM's Smile )
I am really quite amazed. One of you hit it right on the nose!
He also was the tops in another experiment that I did a couple of years ago with three boxes.

First Prize goes to...(Drum Roll...) Corona Smith!!!
His guess was 337 ... exactly the same as Jim Callahan's selection. A pretty good One in One Thousand shot! (Or thereabouts)

Second goes to ... Greg Arse with 328! (Off by 9)

Third Prize goes to ... Magic Lee with 348! (Off by 11)

As I contemplated this today, it seems only fair to award those who actually picked two of the three numbers not in any order (Kind of a different way of looking at it)

Deputy had 374 and Lost Poet had 372 ...
Both will receive Prizes also!

Pleas PM me you email addresses if I don't already have them ... Just to make sure Smile
Thanks for playing.
Hope you enjoy the ride. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Luckily my sealed prediction says I would be off by 9. Smile

And thanks for spelling my name the way most people pronounce it. Smile

Greg.

P.S. It's Arce and pronounced R-C

P.S.S. Your email box is full so you can email me.
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sorry Greg ... did I spell that right. Smile
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Slim,

I just spit coffee all over my keyboard after reading your spelling of Greg's last name! I've known Greg since we were both performing around Miami as teenagers...but that's the first time I've heard his name that way. Greg...you poor (but thick-skinned) man!

Best to you both. Made my night.

Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 20:39, Mick Ayres wrote:
Slim,

I just spit coffee all over my keyboard after reading your spelling of Greg's last name! I've known Greg since we were both performing around Miami as teenagers...but that's the first time I've heard his name that way. Greg...you poor (but thick-skinned) man!

Best to you both. Made my night.

Mick

The funny thing is that over 50% of time when someone first tries to pronounce it they usually say arse. Second in the running is acre.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 20:00, Slim King wrote:
Actually 24 members managed to sign up (Some snuck in on old PM's Smile )
I am really quite amazed. One of you hit it right on the nose!
He also was the tops in another experiment that I did a couple of years ago with three boxes.

First Prize goes to...(Drum Roll...) Corona Smith!!!
His guess was 337 ... exactly the same as Jim Callahan's selection. A pretty good One in One Thousand shot! (Or thereabouts)

Second goes to ... Greg Arse with 328! (Off by 9)

Third Prize goes to ... Magic Lee with 348! (Off by 11)

As I contemplated this today, it seems only fair to award those who actually picked two of the three numbers not in any order (Kind of a different way of looking at it)

Deputy had 374 and Lost Poet had 372 ...
Both will receive Prizes also!

Pleas PM me you email addresses if I don't already have them ... Just to make sure Smile
Thanks for playing.
Hope you enjoy the ride. Smile

Wow! Your kidding right? Cheers Slim! and Jim!

Corona.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Corona...did you dream those numbers? Smile
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
I didn't Eddie, but they do have a special significance for me.

Corona.
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Can't PM Slim, he has no room in his in box.

magiclee
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You must piggyback on your first one!
Hope there is no POLYJUICE potion in my email system. I just sent you a PDF Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Cool idea Slim - I have an idea to turn it into something, dark, evil and monstrous that could get the performer burnt alive or at least chased out of town.... hee hee... I was working on the effect I am talking about from "the other way around" but your effect got me thinking until I can do it a la the film it is based on - the secret method you shared can be used to FREAK PEOPLE OUT BADLY.... PM me or e-mail me... not sure if you like the terrifying... but if so, let's work on it... hint: "I'm there right now..." "that's crazy man"
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I will send you the routine that even Callahan said I should not use!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Beautiful! I love RM Smile... I just PM'd you my DL which I am sure he'll say DON'T USE either Smile

So, that means we must write it up for the bizarrists!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
PERKOLATIONS!

Thanks, Slim...you inspire me to get better and compensate for my longgoings with this excellent secret and routine you've honed. My friend, Eman, has solved my dilemme with this. Your postcards are devious and delightfully sound.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker