The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: IMP Pad and Einhorn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
I am trying out my new cabaret show soon and am ending with Osterlind's IMP Pad and am doing Einhorn's Word In a Million booktest (among other things obviously) Am I I'll-advised to do these two in the same show, involving pretty much the same method, when the IMP Pad is my big closer? If they see through the Word In a Million they might see through the IMP Pad.

If I'm keeping one of them it's definetly Richard's IMP Pad.

I have performed both routines many times.

Snail.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Stick with what works best for you.

If you're comfortable with the Imp Pad then stick with it.

I would ask how strong a finish your Imp Pad routine will be at the end of the show?

I ask this as a design duplication doesn't seem to me to be a strong enough finish.

But then again, it does depend on the handleing and performance.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I hear what mindguy is saying, however I would argue that a design duplication (or in fact anything at all) can be a phenomenol finish, for a great presentation on even an average effect can leave an audience gasping.
And to you Snail I would suggest that unless the magi is incredibly sloppy (in the moment!)then it is totally impossible for anyone to, in your words: 'see through' the IMP Pad. In Osterlind's version it simply cannot be done. For me personally I think that the IMP Pad, with 'the proper presentation', is the most underated (although people love it, it should be rated even higher)thing Osterlind has ever produced.
Indeed I promise you I just did it an hour ago to a couple university lecturers and they nearly fainted! (no joke)
Go for it Snail. But be mystic. Remember to lift and eyebrow as you... 'tune in'!!!

Bobser
(bet Osterlind's reading this and writing notes like mad. It's all good babe)
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
I agree with Bobser, the IMP pad is excellant. It floors everyone, no one has even come close to working this out, even when attention is turned to the pad, there is nothing to find.
It is proberbly the best things Richard has invented. I think my best time with it, was when a guy drew a tatoo design he had been working on , I had no idea what it was meant to be, and added a bit extra and told him I wasn't picking anything up , could he stand behind me and place his hand on my should and 'will' my hand to draw his image. completly fried his brain on that.

Great creation, Many thanks again to Mr Osterlind for such a good creation.

regards

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
The IMP Pad is incredible. My point was more that if they spot the peak in the Einhorn, they might later track it to how the IMP Pad is done.

I think I might leave the Einhorn in favour of the Osterlind. Plus, I will be performing with people at my sides, so they might spot the peak.

I agree with Steve, hats off to you Mr. Osterlind for such an under-rated good creation! The fewer people that do this the better - for me!

:)