The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: The Final Leap of Faith (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..41..45..49..53..57..58~59~60 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Good luck. as I said he needs help.

he is trying to make an "artistic" point. we will never get it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Another ignorant comment.

How very dissapointing.

I told every one how to do it a few posts up explained everything and you Danny post such things.

Man how telling is that?

Jim Callahan
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I still do not like the "effect" side of this. I have respect for the amount of effort Jim had to of put in just to entertain us. I like the fact that Jim is willing to try something different and step outside the box. Somepeople liked the effect and that is fine. Thanks Jim for entertaining or trying to entertain us over the last few days. I

I think I have acutally said all I have to say about this test. Unless somebody calls me out. I think Jim and I are at least understanding where we are coming from.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5938 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Yes, Jim. Back hands from the hand extending the olive branch. I would expect nothing less. Inacuritis still resides in Danny. I am not anyone's attack chichihuahua, I am a free agent. But I could go for some Taco Bell!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!!!

I said "we will never get it!!!!!!!"

I siad an "ARTISTIC" point>!!!!!

HOW is this insulting to ANYONE but chichi and myself?

I stand behind my olive branch Tommy boy. Let others tell me I was being mean in my last post to ANYONE but chichi and myself. IF so then I sincerly appologise.

But again it seems Tommy boy as if you and Jim (notice still using JIM out of RESPECT JUST AS I SIAD EARLIER!!!) are finding my comments as "insulting" then perhaps my contention is correct all anong. YOU like to argue and Jim likes the attention.

If this is not the case another appology, to clarify the first one is contained herin.

Oh and my comment about Jim needing help, is an opinion, and guess what, he is demonstrating my poiont, as are you.

I attacked nobody. But by old hockey coach always told me that "if your gonna get the penalty, you may as well hit the guy". So if I keep getting accused of doing these things, even though I obviously was not, then perhaps I should just keep doing them..

Otherwise back off of me and read things as they are.

Wanna try that again?

Others are free to tell me I was being mean. Please do. I think your being oversensative, or reading into things that are not there.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Ok Danny no problem.

I just did not care for the "needing help comment".
Perhaps I was a bit on edge and possibly I still am.
I think you can understand why it propted the reasponse that it did.

Now I would like an answer. Having offered the rather lengthy post above and done my best at trying to smooth ruffled feathers.

I still would like the answer from you and or ChiChi.

Not trying to start anything I am just wondering do you guys really think this was not an original demonstration and that you can reproduce the entire experiment with the same results?

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Jim,

I as I have said. I can re-do this demonstration. I have ZERO desire to do so. You know my opinion of the demonstration, so why would I want to re-do it if I don't like it to begin with. Plus you have already challenged Danny once before and then he called your bluff. Once he started doing it you attacked him saying he was a copy cat and nothing else. Those are the two reasons that I will NOT re-do it.

I have already said it is original. I have already said that anybody that puts in that kind of time and effort just to entertain us should get some praise.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
GLAD we got that cleared up!!!!!!

Jim there are painfully few experiments in mentalism, or magic or hypnosis I can't trace back given the time. We both know this. All you did was a coded prediction on the internet.

I have heard them done on radio and seen them on TV. Seriously. SO to claim it as original because it was done on the internet is a bit disingenuous, but perhaps "technically correct" the best kind of correct.

To reproduce it now would not be possible as the "code" aspect of it is now known.

I also have no where NEAR the amount of time necessary to manipulate things as you seemed to have. I have nowhere near the inclination to have enough screen names to do it either. I have nowhere near enough time to get the "outs" ready. In short if I felt like it I could indeed copy War and Peace backwards by hand. I simply have neither the time or the inclination. Does not in the least mean I can not do it, simply not worth the time to do it is all.

YOU claim you will use this in your show. Great do so. It even justifies the time.

Your last experiment was easily duplicated.

The real problem Jim is you can not rule out "collusion" plain and simple. This is certianly one reason the trick had such little impact. Live this will be no problem. You can not "prove" it was not collusion on the internet.

Again all it was, was a coded prediction. Been there done that. Any well read magician/mentalist can tell you that.

You refer to the "bible code". You MUST know how the "matrix" they use can be manipulated. ANY cryptologist will tell you. (a topic for another day)
There is no need to get into how it was done just lets say it can be duplicated with a LOT of time and effort. Neither of which I will spend doing it because as I said the "code" is tipped so it is worthless to try. Nuff said

As for your being on "edge" I hope it has nothing to do with your emergency room visit. That would suck. So I hope all is well and may whatever God you believe in hold you close and help you. (that is a genuine wish, NOT a sarcastic anything. JUST one human being wishing another good health and well being. PLEASE take it as such)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
C'mon...lets re-do the demonstration!
Simply don't understand how some guys don't get Jack/Jim.
He's not in the room , he's out of the box, he's... he's venus in blue jeans so blue that it transcends colour.
Me? I'm getting a Jack/Jim tattoo on my inner thigh, just to say: "I was there".
Thanks Jim!

Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Bobser,

Good to see some of the more subtle shadings of the work are being noted.

Jim
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
A grand waist of time.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Well "Sparky" we know now who turns right to the comic section in the paper.

Nothing wrong with that.

I have always enjoyed the telling nature of your postings.

Have a good night.

Best Wishes, on a heightened level of cognitive understanding in the future.

Jim

C'mon take the leap and think a bit deaper.
Ask Randi it's OK.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5938 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Kudos Jim, J ack's codes are such poetic brilliance that they escape the commoners. Smile That is the art. THAT is the originality.

:dancing:
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Quote:
On 2006-02-21 19:32, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Well "Sparky" we know now who turns right to the comic section in the paper.

Nothing wrong with that.

I have always enjoyed the telling nature of your postings.

Have a good night.

Best Wishes, on a heightened level of cognitive understanding in the future.

Jim

C'mon take the leap and think a bit deaper.
Ask Randi it's OK.

See what I mean?...
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
MDSPARK,

If I mistook the intent/nature of your post that propted the response given I do apologize for the acerbic tone I used.

As I see it no time is wasted if something is learned or found that could be of further use in creation.

Jim
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I enjoy the way Jim does an experiment, and Tom calls everyone who disagrees with its outcome a "commoner".

As if Tom could do it or even remotly (nice pun huh?) understands what happened.

Nope just ride the train, get on the coat tails and take credit! Good job Tommy boy.

Well Jim, you seem to lash out at everyone lately and appologise later postings. Your far to defensive buddy. Or you think way too much of yourself. As if anyone who disagrees with you has no "concept" of art. Like you think your better than everyone and the only one who can understand the fine intricate work done here.

Many see it for what it is. A TRICK!!
Nothing more nothnig less, a trick done on the internet for magicians. WHOOOOOO

YOU may compare yourself to the great "artists" of history, but nobody in the "artistic" community has said so. (Tom being the exception)You really seem to have an over inflated sence of self importance.

This is what spurned my comment that you still possibly need help. Sorry but you are more proving my point the more you ramble on. (pardon my Led Zepplin)_
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Danny,

MdSpark, And I have been going around for a good while.

If his intent was not to offer malice I am sorry for what I wrote.

If some one pitches stones at you every day then one day you see them with their hand closed would you think it contained a gift ot another projectile?

I hope this places the comment in a better context.

Jim
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Jim you kind of stand and make faces and encourage others to throw stones now don't you? Honestly.

So yea you get a lot pitched at you as J ack, and then switch to Jim and think nobody still harbors some of the emotion you "intentionally" tried to create.

Sorry if you are reaping what you sow, but that is life man.

Plus even as Jim you are almost exactly like J ack was, so the stones keep comming.

It really is more your fault than many of the stone throwers. I hope you keep this in mind when you lash out. SOME of it is actually your responsability.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I understand Danny and do agree.

Perhaps I will need some sort of head gear and a tennis racket.

I am more than willing to do battle if that was the intent of the poster.
If it was not I am as I wrote sorry.

But I do agree with you.

Jim

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 5:28pm
I would also than Tom on drawing attention to yet another side of this demonstration.

I will be offering $10,000.00 challange concerning this demonstration very soon.
Both here and on the web site

If you fellows are so clever it will be the time to step up or?

Best Wishes,

Jim
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
My humble opinion - another demo should have Dannydoyle setting the test conditions....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"