The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Bryn Reynold's The Safwan Papers (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15~16~17 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3267 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Since joining The Magic Café I have been alerted to some real gems. Switchcraft, Ponderings, The Tommy Pad, Mitox and now The Safwan Papers.

These items are treasures and have been truly delighted with them all.

I have only had The Safwan Papers for a few days but have already had huge fun and great reactions from performing Seven and BOHT and Lucky Nite is something I too will be including in my act.

For anyone undecided or in two minds about The Safwan Papers, get it. This will be one of the classics of 2008.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I think BOHT really stands for Ba**s of Hard Titanium - still my fav!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Neil:

Thank you for placing my book in the same category as some of those other great mentalism effects that seem to be available almost nowhere else other than word of mouth on the Café. I apreciate it, and I know that those of us that release things on our own love the feedback posted here, as that is how word spreads.

The Good DR: Yes, you stumbled onto my secret acronym!
Couldn't be said better, though...modesty aside, if you have the stones to do BOHT as I've laid it down, ....well, you know...and I know you now know.

I have been doing some brainstorming with Jerome Finley regarding this "principle," and those that purchased his Thought Channel would be well served to get on board for his limited release "Supplement" (or whatever he ends up calling it...) My BOHT is detailed there as well, along with some other similar "methodologies." We are getting SO close to doing SO much with NOTHING other than us and them...

Thanks again for all the great comments on my book THE SAFWAN PAPERS!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
beds
View Profile
Regular user
isle of wight uk
192 Posts

Profile of beds
Well heres my take, I received this book yesterday in the post, it was delivered in 6 days from america to the uk which is very quick and which I'm very grateful.

1st of all I was most pleased to find out the meaning of the safwan was as I'm probably not alone in wondering what the hell it meant so once that was cleared up I was happy already! also I found it was important that bryn explained who he was and what he did rather than went straight in, I found once I had an understanding of the man who wrote the book it helps to see the logic of certain parts of the book the further you get in.

I have to admit ive done seven 4 times already, I'm a prison officer so was reading this at work when I was on a boring job that involved sitting around, the good part of it is theres always a guinee pig ready to test your work out on in prison, if it works hooray if it doesn't they aint got nobody to tell anyways! but needless to say seven went down well and with a bit more presentation its 1 of those you will never leave home without, mainly because you don't need anything!!!

your lucky nite seems to be a winner and I think I'm going to acquire the necessary things to do the job as soon as I can as really looking forward to playing with this.

Himberstring sounds like a fun little game to play and am searching for the tools for the job at the moment

the other effects have great potential in the right hands but I cannot see myself doing these at the moment as not ready to try them but others are raving about these so theres something for everyone in here.

Lastly the great thing is in this book there are effects that would sell just as well as single effects but this isn't what the author wanted, hes put a collection of mentalism effects for mentalists, he could easily of done what many other performers are doing and flooding the market with 95% crap for finacial gain but he hasnt. my view is if you are only going to buy 1 more thing this year make sure its the Safwan papers
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Beds:

Thanks much for taking the time to write up a review.

I very much appreciate the sentiments and am glad you are enjoying the book!

I find it both ironic, amusing, and actually heartwarming, that you are indeed performing one of my routines before a captive audience, don't you? Smile
beds
View Profile
Regular user
isle of wight uk
192 Posts

Profile of beds
Well after reading your tales of captive performances I thought why not!

if I want to perform this guys tricks I gotta do it the right way! except mine was an india not an iraqi
Matt Andrews
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
219 Posts

Profile of Matt Andrews
There is no way I can improve the reviews already written.

Must-Buy of 2008: absolutely
Practical routines: you bet

Just two little "negative" points:

• "Seven" requires a little subtlety in English, which is difficult to transpose into another language, and there the "international" performer will have to use another method for this particular step in the routine.
  • The $4 index translated into Euros or Swiss Francs becomes the $30 or $40 index Smile

Should an non-english performer nonetheless buy this gem? ABSOLUTELY

Furthermore, if you ignore all the effects, the book is a wonderful read for all the anecdotes related to them.

Bryn, thank you very much for a wonderful read and for the new "weapons" in my arsenal

Sincerely, Matt
New user
61 Posts

Profile of iambest
Just purchased TSP from outlaw, I thought it was instant download. How am I supposed to receive this? and the most important part, WHEN???
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-04-18 12:58, iambest wrote:
Just purchased TSP from outlaw, I thought it was instant download. How am I supposed to receive this? and the most important part, WHEN???

whew!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-04-18 12:58, iambest wrote:

Not to sound rude, but if you had read the information on the webpage, you would have seen that the ebook would be emailed to you, and when to expect it.
iambest
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of iambest
Somehow skipped that part. I'll go check it out. Thanks!
Allan Kardek
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
194 Posts

Profile of Allan Kardek
I ordered mine yesterday (PDF version) and Bryn emailed me my copy with in a couple of hours, even though he wasn't at home at the time. Now that's service!

I haven't read it all yet but "Seven" is fantastic! Once I read it over again a couple of more times, I will definetly be using it.

Thanks!
Allan
iambest
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of iambest
Got it! Thanks Bryn! *Reading...
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Great book! Everything is actually practical!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I "ditto" all the accolades (once again).

I have been traveling a lot for business lately and have taken "Safwan Papers" with me. With each reading and contemplation, I just have to smile all over again. These really are wonderfully creative, yet direct, routines and methods. Perfect!

Sean
princehal
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
214 Posts

Profile of princehal
7 is now my all time favorite quickie. I even did it over the phone with a preset (in the persons office) reveal. I left them a written message to call me...

Worked like a charm.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Bryn,
I know I emailed you privately with my thoughts but just wanted to put them out there. There are some real gems in this little collection. Thanks again!

Ken
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Thanks for all the nice words and for taking the time to post them!

I am glad THE SAFWAN PAPERS book and eBook is quickly become something of a "cult hit." I am honored at the volume and depth of the reviews!

There are a couple of comments that I want to comment on individually, but wanted to throw this out there and thank those that clarified that this is NOT an instant download...I do them all myself, one at a time, as stated. Depending on where I am, it can take up to a day, but sometimes just minutes.

Thanks!
Bryn
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2008-04-20 17:09, mindhunter wrote:

I am glad THE SAFWAN PAPERS book and eBook is quickly become something of a "cult hit." ***

Bryn

Bryn,

And, let's keep it that way.

I've got my copy. Time to withdraw all future sales. (grin)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
I have this (received within a few minutes to clarify those preceding queries) and have to say what a worthless piece of cr*p this thing is...

OK, that's not true but you've got to admit this thread was getting boring in its endless high praise. And I too am going to do exactly the same thing and add my own high praise to the list.

This really is a treasure, and incredible value for the price. As many have said, this is a collection of well thought out and ingenious effects that are all solid workable material, covering a diverse range of effects and approaches.

And Bryn has put a lot of himself into the book and there are lots of personal observations and asides that add an extra dimension to the work.

As someone else who lives and works in a third world country, I found his background information on BOHT, and his observations on cultural attitudes to magic of great interest. Will send Bryn some interesting additional material on the same.

Many have praised SEVEN which is an excellent variant on a popular technique with an added extra lovely linguistic layer.

My favourite though is YOUR LUCKY NIGHT- which for me is thus far the last word on Bank Night effects- the only version I know in which everything lies in the hands of the spectators- and the method is disguised in a manner that brought a huge grin to my face as I read it.

It is a seriously clever piece of work.

But enough of this- stop reading all the rave reviews and just get the darn thing. You won't regret it.
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile