The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Bryn Reynold's The Safwan Papers (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2015, Bogbadger wrote:
Late to the party as always I just bought a download of The Safwan Papers. It was recommended to me for "Seven" to use with a miniature spirit slate. It's worth the money for "Seven" alone but I've been blown away by everything else on there. It's my first foray as an ageing amateur into the mentalism side of magic and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet got a copy.

Thanks....I'm glad you enjoy the material!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2015, John C wrote:

...is my pet.....

(and I'm glad some seem to like the other effects, as well... Smile )

Bryn
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Tonight I had my first opportunity to present 7 in a close up setting for a small studio audience.

Let me just say that it KILLED. Everything played out perfectly and the guy was left dumbfounded. If you haven't bought Safwan Papers yet, you are crazy. One of the best buys you will spend your money on.

BUY IT NOW!

Thanks Bryn for releasing this. 👍🏻👊🏻
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá

We are very happy at Mentalism Center to receive Bryn as creator, and his fantastic modern classic "The Sawfan Papers" .

The order at the site not only includes the original one but also extra ideas that can boost more inspiration and creativity!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Awesome, Pablo.

Thanks you for having me be a part of the Mentalism Center. I see this will be a very professionally put together resource for
mentalists, and I predict this will be very well-received in the community.

Onward.....

Bryn
lekin
View Profile
Regular user
Sometimes less is more so I only have
180 Posts

Profile of lekin
I just spent a sleepless night mulling over the Safwan Papers. Unable to poke holes or find faults in Bryn's methods, my mind turned to the more pleasurable pursuit of internalizing some of this material and imagining myself using it. Others have commented -- and rightly so -- on Bryn's clarity of writing and depth of thinking. I would like to lift up two other attributes. First, I think it is to Bryn's credit that he has presented material that attract the attention of luminaries such as Osterlind and Banacheck YET at the same time is understandable and useable to humble amateurs such as myself. Second, it's just fun to read. 7 made me smile; Bank Nite made me laugh out loud. Thanks, Bryn for sharing this labor of love.

Larry Ekin
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2018, lekin wrote:
I just spent a sleepless night mulling over the Safwan Papers. Unable to poke holes or find faults in Bryn's methods, my mind turned to the more pleasurable pursuit of internalizing some of this material and imagining myself using it. Others have commented -- and rightly so -- on Bryn's clarity of writing and depth of thinking. I would like to lift up two other attributes. First, I think it is to Bryn's credit that he has presented material that attract the attention of luminaries such as Osterlind and Banacheck YET at the same time is understandable and useable to humble amateurs such as myself. Second, it's just fun to read. 7 made me smile; Bank Nite made me laugh out loud. Thanks, Bryn for sharing this labor of love.

Larry Ekin

wait until you try 7. You can even do it with 4 cards in a wallet and only one off.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:

I just spent a sleepless night mulling over the Safwan Papers.

Larry.... that is one very appreciated compliment. Thank you!

Bryn
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
633 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Bryn,

I was just doing some research on the Café and came across your signature with the "The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls“ ebook special offering each for $10. Thank you so much for doing this, I am looking forward to the material after reading so many wonderful things about them.
Dylenium
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Dylenium
I just bought the Safwan Papers 3 days ago. Before I write about the book itself I want to mention that the customer service was 10/10. I got the book in about 20mins sent to me after I submitted the payment and when there was a small mix up and I wrote a mail I also got an answer within a few minutes.

Now for the book: Its great. If you don't have it, buy it.
Bryn wrote to me he hopes I find something in it that I can USE. After reading it I know why this was in capital letters. You can sense how he designed the routines so that you go straight out there and perform them. This really is stuff you can and will use. Just today I performed two pieces of it and got great reactions. Many of the routines are basically self working, impromptu or seemingly impromptu and sometimes even propless.
The thinking behind the routines is also very interesting. For example, in one routine he uses a magic prop. When I read through it the first time and read what prop he uses I immediatly thought that I will never perform this piece. After reading HOW he uses it and his thinking behind it I will probably buy it.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Dylenium:

This is SO nice to hear!

Thank you for taking the time to write this up. I'm glad that you in Safwan something you can USE (and hopefully more than one "something."

Bryn
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2018, John C wrote:
Quote:

Larry Ekin

wait until you try 7. You can even do it with 4 cards in a wallet and only one off.

You can do it with ONE card in a wallet, or face down on a table, and NONE off....

(or NO cards, and your n0-switch actual prediction written down and given someone to hold...)

Bryn
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Is this quarantine thing over yet so I can raise the price back up?

(I just read a thread about mentalism being underpriced... )

Bryn Smile
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
As a year-end "thanks" I'd like to give away 6 free copies of either this eBook or "The Logar Scrolls" to the first 6 that PM me their email and which you eBook you would like.

I request nothing in return, other than you read the entire book, and TRY something in there for actual laypeople.

Happy New Year, everyone, and here's to a more sane & normal-ish 2022!

(I shifted to include some more 'visual' coin & money magic the last couple of years, because I'm now an "artist" ( Smile and these quick effect really do get attention at art shows, but my first sweetheart is still mentalism.)

Bryn
Smile
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I'm ammeding this post...
(I don't want to play "opps, sry, you were # SIX!...LOL...

ANYONE they send me a request via PM by midnight gets a free eBook.

(And it may be tomorrow before I get them out, as I don't know if I'll be up to see the ball drop!...)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Bryn
MentalMik
View Profile
Regular user
Ridgecrest, California
183 Posts

Profile of MentalMik
Thanks for the great offer Bryn.
From the mind of Mik.
Ridgecrest, California, by way of the UK.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
You are most welcome. I hope you found something that you can USE!

Bryn
mikepaldino
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mikepaldino
I don’t know how many times I have to read and reread The Safwan Papers- it’s never not completely intriguing to me. I think I’d originally gotten a hold of it for 7 (as I’m a complete KK fanatic), but hands down the $4 Billet Index is worth its weight in good. I do a lot of index work (also fleetingly fanatical there), and like most of the work in the book, Bryn’s thinking on this is just on point. Having used an Heirloom wallet for years, I think I overlooked the index initially, but now that the wallet is more or less dead, I have what I think is a better option. It’s natural, it’s versatile, and it’s invisible. Plus it can be moved to any wallet with zero effort. No complaints.

Off topic, I was fortunate enough to get a copy of The Logar Scrolls from Bryn (thanks sir!) because of my research into building a serial number divination effect. Wanting to find others’ methods to make sure mine was unique, I grabbed up LS to read up on $, and I can say for certain, it made me abandon my idea completely. It’s just too good… please, no one do it ????

Sorry for the meandering, I rarely post on the site but I’ve been wanting to sing Bryn’s praises for a while now. Both of these books are required reading IMO. Even if you do none of the effects (especially $), the thinking behind them is worth the time to consider. So many books come out and are way overhyped for what you get- these books actually deliver quality goods. Rant over ????
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Wow, Mike...

Thank you for the kind words about SAFWAN & LOGAR... Those truly mean a lot.

Thanks!
Bryn
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3561 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thank you for calling attention to 'The $ Kit' Though I had read it before, it did not find a place in my wallet.

A few months ago, Stunniger shared his DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device. IMHO, a great casual device for impromptu and casual performances.

The $ Kit falls into the same category as an impromptu and casual offering of a mind reading demonstration. What a great piece of mentalisim to be at the fingertips!

Can you guess what has a home in my pocket?