The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: The Final Leap of Faith (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..25..33..41..49..57..58~59~60 [Next]
Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
Yep, interesting.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Amazing!
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
Ahhh....not necessarily...all he has to do is have his own posters adding their 'entries' up to his prediction figure.
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
But Carl ... Carl ... how could he have known that say 100 people wouldn't have participated? Then the prediction would have been no good.

Think it through man.

My God, I hope he says it's OK for me to pick my penny back up soon. I really need to pay some bills & a threatening letter came through my letterbox today.
Sparrow in a barrow.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Carl:

Thank you, I appreciate you're trying to rip it apart before everyone gets a chance to enjoy it (me included). Is this what you do in magic shows, stand up and tell people your ideas on how to do the magicians tricks? Bad form.

Did you ever think you might be wrong in your method? - Never mind, silly question.

Tony
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
It's alright Tony - I've had a word with him.
Sparrow in a barrow.
Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
Also interesting that there appears to be eight and a half hours between the last "vote" and when Jack said the test was over... I suppose that may go by the time zone of the poster though, I'm not sure how that's really handled by the system. So what appears like a long gap in which others could have voted and alter the total may be deceptive, I dunno. But it's a nice touch.
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
Mysterioii - if you combine the time difference & the time it takes the light to travel, it's pretty obvious how Jack achieved the effect. It work on a simple principle from Quantum Mechanics.
Sparrow in a barrow.
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
LOL... Smile

Carld

Posted: Feb 17, 2006 1:23pm
------------------------------------------
Tony, it was conjecture, I have no idea how he did it. Are we not allowed to guess?

How many other posters will be posting their ideas here too I wonder? It's not something that can be or needs to be controlled. It's just us, remember?

Carld
EranH
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of EranH
I'm amazed. Well done Jim.
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
But Carl ... Carl ... how could he have known that say 100 people wouldn't have participated? Then the prediction would have been no good.
Think it through man.

LOL I did, that's why I said it. But on the other hand, if I post how he could have then I would be 'spoiling things', so I can't win, can I?

Tony, I must ask too, I can't help noticing the aggression in your last line. Anything you want to say?

CarlD
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Yes, just us on an open forum.
If you have to guess, would Inner Thoughts be a better place to post?
And that way, those who are looking to see what happened are not subjected to conjecture before they have an idea of what the demonstation was about?

Just thinking outloud.

Tony

Posted: Feb 17, 2006 1:41pm
------------------------------------------
Carl:
I think I summed it all up, don't you?

Jack did a fantastic demonstration.

Tony
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
Tony.
So was the tone actually necessary then?

I don't think it would spoil anything for anyone who didn't participate. Who will wade through ten pages of this and say "brilliant!" without having been there to see it play out? It was seriously tedious. And before you leap to put finger to typewriter, I'm cetainly not the first person to say that, so let's not make a thing of how clever Jack is or isn't. I'm one of the 'isn't's, you're one of the 'is's (I think?) it doesn't matter.

Let's just agree to differ on the wonderfulness of 'Jack'.Smile

CarlD
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Are you kidding me? You guys are amazed by this? Give me a call I have a bridge to sell you.

Jacks first test with the cards was much more interesting and fun than this abortion. Jack I really am disapointed in this test. I tried to keep an open mind, but I really hope you don't fool yourself with stuff like this.

I appreciate that you are trying to bring magic to the internet. You are trying to do effects in ways that not many before you have tried. With this test as proof. I think there is good reason why Magic is not great over the internet. I respect the fact that you walked out on a limb and at least tried it. Thanks for trying to be different. I am not a fan at all of the effect, but I will respect the effort!
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
ChiChi,

I think you missed the point this was not magic, Jack was a Paranormalist, and this was highly effective peice of interactive art.

Your postings prove this.

Jim Callahan
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Jack

I understand what you did. I am just not impressed. You basically used everybody to promote your real name. I am not impressed on any level Jack. That is what I think.
EranH
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of EranH
Chichi, is that what he did? And I thought he made a prediction of the number of heads and tails that everyone will get. A prediction that has proven itself correct. I must be seeing things.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
As I see it Jack correctly predicted the outcome of how 56 magicians, mentalists, and what have you would do.

56 being the number that decided to participate.

Not regular people mind you but those who are highly skilled in the magical arts.

He opened it up to the entire Café' he encouraged those here to get others involved.

And in the end nailed the predicition to the wall and left.

That is the truth of what happened here.

Jack Galloway left an open prediction explaining his defending position and correctly predicitng the future that those on this forum would create.

This is a link to the thread explaining how to find the proof of his direct hits of how many face up coins 31 and tails up coins 25 would be chosen.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......15&6

I hope that the rest of you enjoy this.

Thanks you for you time

Jim Callahan
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Eran. The effect itself is really a basic principal. Jack was saying he was doing something new. Nothing new other than the fact that he used one "character" to introduce another "character". I wont go into the details of the effect itself, but many other have already pointed stuff out. Look in Annemanns writing if you want more answers on the effect.

Honestly it was a subpar play that was performed over the internet. I respect the "creativity" behind introducing his own real name, but really it was a lot of drama for nothing.
EranH
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of EranH
I believe he meant new as to doing it over the internet and not as to the effect itself. I think it was interesting.