The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: The woman in black (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1082 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
My wife has treated me to tickets to the stage show of, "The Woman in Black" (I may have dropped hints that I wanted to go). I love the book and enjoyed both the 1989 TV version and more recent Hammer Horror, so quite excited for seeing. I felt inspired to make a little set and effect as my class at work might be studying it later in the year and I fancied something to use as a discussion point. Not a perfect effect, but not bad for a few hours playing around.

Made a few photos of the setting, the causeway and the drowned church. Then the cabinet card of the sister with the child. "The woman" can be displayed in a few different ways using the slate or switch box to show her to different audience members in different ways (a little Prof BC inspiration, check Clarissa in phasmology).

Old woman in black.

Veiled woman in black.

Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1082 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
A full production of the story. Not from the one that tours, but an entertaining production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ELoOEgi_Eg