The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: How can I contact Nick Wenger again? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kawary
View Profile
New user
Italy, Catanzaro
16 Posts

Profile of Kawary
Hi everyone,

1 year ago I contacted Nick Wenger for a project, but after few emails, where we decided which prop he could create for me, he stopped to reply. And yes, I wrote more emails to have some news...

Did he change email (I used the email on his website), or something happened to him? If you know him please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help! I really want to contact him Smile
questort
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of questort
This was posted by Nick's wife about 3 weeks ago:

Hello Everyone, I am Barbara Wenger, Nick’s wife. I know many of you have been reaching out to my husband and not had much success in getting a response lately. Within the last few months, Nick had been battling an illness that has kept him away from his work, as well as, social media. The positive news is that he is improving slowly and I expect that he will be back up and running within a few weeks to a month or so. For those of you who have business with Nick, I kindly ask that you remain patient and can assure you that Nick will be in touch very soon.
Thank you again for your patience, understanding, and support while he works through this difficult time. We both appreciate you reaching out and I will be back in touch with an update soon.
Kawary
View Profile
New user
Italy, Catanzaro
16 Posts

Profile of Kawary
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2023, questort wrote:

Hello Everyone, I am Barbara Wenger, Nick’s wife. I know many of you have been reaching out to my husband and not had much success in getting a response lately. Within the last few months, Nick had been battling an illness that has kept him away from his work, as well as, social media. The positive news is that he is improving slowly and I expect that he will be back up and running within a few weeks to a month or so. For those of you who have business with Nick, I kindly ask that you remain patient and can assure you that Nick will be in touch very soon.
Thank you again for your patience, understanding, and support while he works through this difficult time. We both appreciate you reaching out and I will be back in touch with an update soon.

Oh my god, I didn't know that! I hope he will rest and fully heal and come back stronger than before!

Thank you for the info btw!
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2023, questort wrote:

Sorry to hear this. Hope Nick is recovering. Has anyone heard from Nick or his wife since she last posted this 3-4 weeks again?
Bob
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
A post on FB says he is much better and hopes to return to shop this week.
I don't understand all I know about this
Kawary
View Profile
New user
Italy, Catanzaro
16 Posts

Profile of Kawary
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2023, Gerald Blankenship wrote:
A post on FB says he is much better and hopes to return to shop this week.

Can I have his FB profile please?
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
Well after a 2 year wait for my prop and 2 years of him not answering emails or calls.

Then receiving a junk prop that did not function.

Then him being a rude "insert" word here when I told him it did not function (he actually replied to that email).

Long story short I lost a good chunk of money and time for something that didn't work.

When I originally posted this years ago the cafe mods threatened to ban me, if I kept posting what happened to me.

They also deleted my post.

That's because then his reputation was stellar back then. Then when others started posting similar things everyone realized he's a scammer.

If anyone still wants to do business with him that's your thing, but I post my story to prevent the same thing from happening to you.

BTW Nick never made it right or offered to make it right.

He told me back then if I send it back and it does not work he would refund me 30 percent and keep it. However, if it works he would keep it and refund me nothing.

Since he's not honest I would lose all my money and send him back the prop to repair and resell. So it's still in my closet if he ever wants to make it right (though I might get struck by lighting first).
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I have bought several things from Nick over the years and they always worked. Occasionally, I needed a repair and he always took care of it reasonably. Sometimes it does take a while, but he is not a scammer .
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3226 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2024, Alex R. Weinberg wrote:

BTW Nick never made it right or offered to make it right.

He told me back then if I send it back and it does not work he would refund me 30 percent and keep it. However, if it works he would keep it and refund me nothing.

Wow, that's just plum crazy to say that if he finds it to be working that he would just keep it. He's off his rocker if that's true
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"