The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Old OE items (Key Box, boards, etc) (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
I know several years ago that Outlaw went out of business due to a lot of controversy.

Back in the day, I used to perform and I had an OE Darkboard, Luna set with keybox and a few other items. Due to a lot of tragedy's and life hardships, I had to sell these to pay for things to take care of my family.

Nowadays, I own nothing, and have been having the hardest time re-acquiring old OE items that I once owned and loved. Can anyone help me with:

A.- Locating these for sale

B.- Informing me if any equivalents exist?

C.- Possibly, even making my own or refurbishing one

I would really appreciate the help, it would mean a lot to me!
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
594 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Check Vic at Gemini Artifacts. He has some and sometimes re releases new versions. Also a list of what you are looking for may get you some offers.
Good Luck!
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
Thanks pulpscrypt, I'll check out Gemini.

I am looking for a Darkboard (with bell and planchette), Luna book set and key box, as well as basically any effects that use the same methods as the darkboard.

There also was one effect that I always wanted but never could find. It wasnt an OE item....it was a metal disk of sorts that had engravings of angels and demons (if I remember correctly), it was almost like a puzzle, where the pieces re-arranged.

I've been out of the game for quite some time now, so I'm unaware of current prices on these items.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
748 Posts

Profile of carlwag
You can get a dark board from Tim Wissman he still sells them, he made them for outlaw .
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2781 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Did you just start looking? Where have you looked? Lucky for you, 2 of the 3 items should be easy to replace. But get your money out.

first, put a wtb ad here on the Café. Don't remember seeing one from you before.

next, go to Gemini, lots of items there, and it will give you the general price point. There's a single Luna book listed, but if were you, I would wait for a set offer.

the final item, get your money out.
I think the last secondhand one went $1900 or there abouts.
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......rt=20#18
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3835 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2022, carlwag wrote:
You can get a dark board from Tim Wissman he still sells them, he made them for outlaw .

I may be mistaken but I think Tim will only do the Goodbye Board. I think Vic bought the rights for the Dark Board. Like I said, I may be mistaken but I know Vic bought the rights from Rick for most of the OE stuff.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of carlwag
He does 3 the standard Darkboard , the 1915 Darkboard older version and the 1915 Darkboard newer version .

This was as of a few weeks ago when I contacted him .

Carl
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of carlwag
The Dark Boards contain 2 powerful electromagnetic pulse coils that are able to throw the planchette off of the board or cause any PK Item to move.

The primary coil on the left side of the board near the letter "P" on the 1915 board and just above the word "YES" on the standard board activates with the toe switch is pressed.

The secondary coil near the letter "W" on the 1915 board and just above the "NO" on the standard board fires only when a magnet is detected near the coil. You end up with two coils in the board controlled by a single remote control.

The board is powered by 4 AAA batteries and the coils need 30 seconds recharge time in between coil firings.

The price for a Dark Board including shipping to anywhere in the USA or Canada is $400.
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
I'm looking for the OE Forever Doll if anyone has one for sale
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1782 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2022, the Sponge wrote:
Did you just start looking? Where have you looked? Lucky for you, 2 of the 3 items should be easy to replace. But get your money out.

first, put a wtb ad here on the Café. Don't remember seeing one from you before.

next, go to Gemini, lots of items there, and it will give you the general price point. There's a single Luna book listed, but if were you, I would wait for a set offer.

the final item, get your money out.
I think the last secondhand one went $1900 or there abouts.
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......rt=20#18

Yep, I believe it was $1,900. And worth every cent.

Gemini also sells the set of all 3 Luna books, plus the key box, plus Pearly Gates and a few extras. Total is $1K. If interested, contact Vic directly. I believe that is made-to-order so it will likely have a multi-month wait. But, you will know it includes the updated release of Luna which includes correcting a few errors which were present in the original Outlaw Luna releases.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2781 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Also interested in Forever Doll.
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
290 Posts

Profile of cocomax
I am still around building magic stuff like crazy, I am currently building Stella Tables, Dark Boards and Departeds. I have plans of building more Forever Dolls soon.
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2022, cocomax wrote:
I am still around building magic stuff like crazy, I am currently building Stella Tables, Dark Boards and Departeds. I have plans of building more Forever Dolls soon.

Please put me on the waiting list for a Forever Doll. I have been looking for years. Thanks!
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
I have a set euros 850 + shipping from the Canary Islands 3 books, 5 keys, keybox (the keys and box are my own creation)

Click here to view attached image.
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1529 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2022, SlipperySnake wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2022, cocomax wrote:

Please put me on the waiting list for a Forever Doll. I have been looking for years. Thanks!

Tim Wisseman - making actual demons jealous!!