The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: The Most Haunted House in England (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata

Many have seen or heard Prof BC talk of his “Most Haunted House in England” book experiment. It was his first book test, and he has used it successfully for many years. Now this remarkable effect is for the first time being made available to you in a Do-It-Yourself format. All you need is a copy of Harry Price’s book, The Most Haunted House in England. This is the classic book documenting Harry Price’s 1930-1935 investigation of the famous Borley Rectory, and it remains conveniently (and inexpensively) available via a 1989 Time/Life reissue. This offering requires a DIY attitude from you, for you must (as Prof BC originally did) doctor up your personal copy of this book page-by-page. Happily, this work is easily done with a healthy amount of sweat-equity (this will take time for you to do) and a few different-coloured pens, a pencil, a highlighter and the extensive page-by-page scans provided for you to duplicate from Prof BC’s personal copy of The Most Haunted House in England.

Full Details Here
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2672 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I'm unclear as to whether the laminated crib sheet is included in the price or if that costs extra.

On the site, it says, "to help you keep it all straight, Prof BC has included a very clever crib sheet: the original, laminated advert copy (provided by the Time/Life publishers) for the book."

But then further down it reads, "fully laminated crib sheets...are available for purchase." Is this referring to additional/extra cribs? How much do they cost? Thanks.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
A printable crib sheet is included with the manual. You will of course need to print this and laminate it yourself. I have a small number available for those that choose or simply cannot have theirs laminated. Same with the actual books. They are readily available on Amazon, but I have a few here for those that have difficulty finding it.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
This has definitely peeked my interest..........
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Done deal! I'm such a fan of Dopps it will be fun to go through the DIY process
of learning the inner workings and crafting the effect.
I just hope I don't screw it up!
Yann SICAMOIS
View Profile
New user
Tourves, France
79 Posts

Profile of Yann SICAMOIS
Very nice, the drawings will kill me but I have talented friends. Smile

The book itself is indeed available on Amazon.com for a few dollars but it's not that easy on Amazon.co.uk, .fr, etc...

I'm going to Magic-Con next year and I'll get one at that time but it may not be that easy for others not living in the USA.

Cheers.
Yann SICAMOIS
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Found the book on Amazon.co.uk

Price range £45+ to £75.

WOW ! I'm definately out !

Bobby.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Much cheaper if you check the .com/US Amazon site. Not sure if they'll ship to the UK, but worth a look.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2672 Posts

Yes there are some going for about £5 on the US Amazon site.
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
I bought mine directly from Vic. Probably paid a little more for it, but I'd rather just deal with him than a 3rd party off Amazon.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2672 Posts

When buying a used copy through Amazon, check the condition to make sure it's not coming with its own highlights/notations. Beware if the seller's comments seem generic and don't relate specifically to the copy in qurestion. Although "Very Good" is supposed to mean unmarked, I know from experience that the sellers do not always strictly adhere to that.

Quote:
On 2013-12-31 13:12, horus1 wrote:
I bought mine directly from Vic. Probably paid a little more for it, but I'd rather just deal with him than a 3rd party off Amazon.

How much?
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Quote:
On 2013-12-31 14:25, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
When buying a used copy through Amazon, check the condition to make sure it's not coming with its own highlights/notations. Beware if the seller's comments seem generic and don't relate specifically to the copy in qurestion. Although "Very Good" is supposed to mean unmarked, I know from experience that the sellers do not always strictly adhere to that.

Quote:
On 2013-12-31 13:12, horus1 wrote:

How much?

Just pm-ed you
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
You can also search http://www.abebooks.com

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchRe......+England

The rectory is about thirty minutes from where I live. Great site and fun to walk around the church yard at night ....
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Thanks guy's.

Todd, I'm looking for a U.K. supplier if poss. But not at the present prices quoted on Amazon.

Annoying thing is, I saw this book at a hospital book sale in the summer for 20p - and passed up on it !

Bobby.
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Got mine for an reasonable price at Amazon.de, perhaps you want to check there, too.

Just went through the pdf and I am hoping that it is somehow achievable, that mine looks half as good as the scans.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3911 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Speaking about ghost hunting tool kit in the 20's/30's...

Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Wow ! That's a lot of kit !

Makes my EMF meter ect look like the lazy way.

Bobby.
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
I love it when the Curator shows pictures of his museum. All those wonderful sets with that high dedication to authentency and love for the little details.
Would love to see the museum one day!
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Me too ! Looks absolutely great !

I'd be like a kid in a candy store.

Bobby.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 09:13, Circusman wrote:
Thanks guy's.

Todd, I'm looking for a U.K. supplier if poss. But not at the present prices quoted on Amazon.

Annoying thing is, I saw this book at a hospital book sale in the summer for 20p - and passed up on it !

Bobby.

My search on amazon was much cheaper...