The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Need Help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
I am currently working on a sequence to follow a mentalism set that would ease the way into something more bizarre.

I will begin by shifting the focus away from mind reading etc to mental control over ones own body i.e. the control of pain ect.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a source for the pulse stopping effect. as I wish to use this as the beginning then follow it up with something along the lines of needle through arm

Thanks in advance,

Luke (newbie!) Smile
Maynooth
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Maynooth
I'm sure I have something on that in a book and when I find the source I'll post it. However, the book "Geek Magic' by Dr. Doom has "How to raise your temperature" and other bits. It may be of interest to you and I believe it's still readily available from the big magic book sellers.
Best of heart stopping
Maynooth
The race is long and in the end it is only with one's self.
Zodiac
View Profile
New user
WA
27 Posts

Profile of Zodiac
I have heard this question before. You can cut the circulation a little by applying pressure to an area on a certain part of the uper arm and if you can you should have people take the pulse on your thumb without using their thumb because it's so hard to find it anyway atleast by lay people that the thumb is the easiest way. Any way I hope that helps you out.

p.s. as far as how to apply pressure thats something you might want to mess around with I've heard of people who feigned death by using a ball under the arm but I'm not sure about that. Let me know if anything works.
What's on your mind?
vovin
View Profile
Veteran user
Columbus,Oh
338 Posts

Profile of vovin
yeah you can stop your pulse on your arm by placing a balled up sock in your armpit. then when you want to stop your pulse just press your arm into the sock. the primary blood vein is right at the armpit so the sock will close the vein. The problem with this is it's a well known thing.
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
I use a plastic golf ball on a pull attached to the back of my shirt. Apply pressure on the ball to stop the pulse and when your done the ball goes away leaving you clean, (depending on your personal hygene) though I've only had one person ever think to examine my arm pit.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a source for the pulse stopping effect. as I wish to use this as the beginning then follow it up with something along the lines of needle through arm
Thanks in advance,
Luke (newbie!) Smile

I have an effect from my show and lecture that uses a "living and dead test" with a pusle stopping. Drop me a line privately and I will send you the routine if you want.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store