The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: The Most Haunted House in England (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
628 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
He is a Gentleman and a Scholar.
Archerfire
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
19 Posts

Profile of Archerfire
I have been working on setting up my book for Prof BC's, The Most Haunted House in England and am currently on page 67. It is a BEAST of a task but enjoyable, nonetheless! Every so often, I take a pause and just shake my head in wonder. It absolutely baffles me on the amount of brain power it had to take to come up with this! Anyone who has it and has undertaken the daunting task of preparing the book knows what I mean.

The payoff, when it's all said and done, is going to be huge and soooo worth it. I'm going to be so happy to perform something that I'm pretty sure not many others are doing. I can't imagine there are very many folks out there who did all of the following:

1. Bought the effect
2. Bought the book
3. Read the instructions
4. Gathered what was necessary
5. Actually went to work
6. Actually finished the work
7. Performed it (How could you not after all you've been through?)

It will also make for a curious and fascinating book sitting on a shelf or, especially, a coffee table when it's not at a gig. People will become enthralled as they read through the investigative notes. Of course, this gives you the perfect opportunity to go into it and blow people away.

Loads of kudos to Prof BC for inventing this and for allowing me, via Vic at Gemini Artifacts, to have this in my possession. Thank you! Smile
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
You certainly get to know parts of the coding well writing it out as well as the other patterns. I did it ten pages a day, so took a bit less than the month. I used it for the first time over the Halloween period. Great fun to use. Even just learning the method for the first few hits gives plenty of information as well as the fact that it's an intriguing object.

Archerfire
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
19 Posts

Profile of Archerfire
On Nov 19, 2023, Joshua J wrote:
"You certainly get to know parts of the coding well writing it out as well as the other patterns. I did it ten pages a day, so took a bit less than the month. I used it for the first time over the Halloween period. Great fun to use. Even just learning the method for the first few hits gives plenty of information as well as the fact that it's an intriguing object."

I keep referring back to the instructions while coding and, yes, it's a definite help in getting familiar with how it all works! I've been working on it as opportunity presents, a couple of pages here, 8 pages there, etc. I've also found that I don't need any distractions, such as the TV. I feel like I really need to pay attention to what I'm doing. I've also found it to be somewhat relaxing, perhaps even therapeutic!

You've really taken the time to gather all sorts of interesting items to go along with it. That's a great pic! I hope I'm at least able to find half of the types of items you have pictured. Thanks for sharing, Joshua!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Thanks, put together much of it myself. Plenty out there around Harry Price. There are so many common props that you can use alongside the story of his many investigations.

More info on this thread.
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=14
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
628 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2023, Archerfire wrote:
I can't imagine there are very many folks out there who did all of the following:

1. Bought the effect
2. Bought the book
3. Read the instructions
4. Gathered what was necessary
5. Actually went to work
6. Actually finished the work
7. Performed it (How could you not after all you've been through?)

Still on 5.5 but I will get to 7 one day!
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
264 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
I have a copy of the book if anyone is interested.
Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.