The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Etherica - I have seen the light! (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Roth

I should expect the first "E" #1 should be finding it's way to me.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 14:51, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Roth

I should expect the first "E" #1 should be finding it's way to me.

There are several that are shipping on the same day, so someone may be closer to California and get theirs before the PO gets your delivered, but you are in the first shipment and most likly several will be deliverd on the same day all over the U.S.

Int. deliveries will take a bit longer of course.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I have to have this. I accidently stumbled on it, surfing the site. I had no idea! The price is reasonable too. I have to save until October or November to get this, since my pension barely gets me through a month.

I have a tale half written. It concerns Tesla and Synthetic Quantum Environments...hee hee hee! Smile

Doug
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
All Etherica orders are complete and we have 3 additional Etherica ready for immediate shipping.

Thanks guys!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
I have found contents of something quite strange that for now, I do not understand.
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I went to high chool on Long Island and Nikola Tesla's old Wardenclyffe Tower site in Shoreham was one of our favorite places to explore, along with the old RCA ruins in the Pine Barrens in Rocky Point. Of course, we found out years later that Peerless Photo, the company that actualy owned our playground, had contaminated it with all kinds of toxic chemicals over the decades which, in hindsight, probably explains a lot about me. I guess I must have forgotten that we found an old wooden box in our trespassing, er explorations, all those years ago that my father just returned to me. In fact, it arrived in the mail today.

As with all of Rick's and Tim's miracles, Etherica is a gorgeous piece that works exactly as claimed. The craftsmanship is top notch and it's pretty ***ed creepy. My only worry is that I'm starting to run out of toes, if ya know what I mean! I've just booked my remaining October weekends and Etherica will have a place of honor in the seance room!
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Confederate = more toes!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-08-21 00:43, that'sJustWrong! wrote:
I went to high school on Long Island and Nikola Tesla's old Wardenclyffe Tower site in Shoreham was one of our favorite places to explore, along with the old RCA ruins in the Pine Barrens in Rocky Point. Of course, we found out years later that Peerless Photo, the company that actualy owned our playground, had contaminated it with all kinds of toxic chemicals over the decades which, in hindsight, probably explains a lot about me. I guess I must have forgotten that we found an old wooden box in our trespassing, er explorations, all those years ago that my father just returned to me. In fact, it arrived in the mail today.

As with all of Rick's and Tim's miracles, Etherica is a gorgeous piece that works exactly as claimed. The craftsmanship is top notch and it's pretty ***ed creepy. I've just booked my remaining October weekends and Etherica will have a place of honor in the seance room!

Thank you for the very nice review J.L. Love the story about the Wardenclyffe Tower site!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
920 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Quote:
My only worry is that I'm starting to run out of toes, if ya know what I mean!

IMHO, If one needs more than 2 toes for a show, their specs may be visiting Disneyland instead of sitting at a seance, if you know what I mean.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
920 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I have just received the etherica and wanted to post my thoughts.
The workmanship is the usual high standards that we have come to expect from Outlaw Effects. I will also say that it was shipped in a timely manner.
I am very pleased with this prop to say the least. It looks far more authentic when in hand, and has the single most devious workings that I have seen in a spirit lamp/buzzer (I have 8 in my collection).
What I love about this lamp is that there is no visible battery, nor any place where a battery could be hidden(at least if you play up its apparent age. If you have some one pulling out a watch battery to see were one could be fit, then you have done something wrong). The lamp weighs next to nothing, and can be thoroughly examined.
The prop can be utilized in a number of ways, including the traditional spirit communication device for a seance Q&A or perhaps as a warning device that detects increased levels of spirit energy in the room, or from small personal objects placed underneath the unit on the platform.
It does not even have to be associated with the supernatural. It could just be a strange "steam punk" invention that you could use in an exhibit at a Steam punk convention or as part of a traveling medicine show.
The only con is that it took me a few tries to get it set up correctly to make it work consistently. I wish there was a way to test it to make sure that it is set up and positioned properly before you use it.
The other point is that if the bulb blows out, you will have to send it back to Tim to get it fixed. You cannot just buy a new light bulb for it, unless Tim can walk you through the repair. Personally I am not all that concerned. LED lights last a VERY long time, but it might happen.
I think this is one of the best spirit lights out there and I cannot recommend this prop enough!
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
920 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Just an update. I have been informed that the Bulb can easily be changed with a little guidance from Tim.
That cinches it. Go out and buy one!
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Etherica owners -- meet me in Spooky for a tip on storing/displaying Etherica.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Etherica forum is up. More Etherica shipping this week!

Tesla would be proud

We refer to Etherica as Teslapunk
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On 2012-09-15 16:48, Roth wrote:
Etherica forum is up. More Etherica shipping this week!

Tesla would be proud

We refer to Etherica as Teslapunk

Sent you a PM Rick. Please respond.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
My Etherica arrived in the mail yesterday. I couldn't wait to start playing with it; it lived up to every one of my expectations. It's going to be a great addition to my show. Thanks, Rick & Tim for giving us this wonderful flickering light in the darkness.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
My 'Etherica' arrived not that long ago and I must say that it is truly a "Work of Art" - Just beautiful. I am so glad that I went for it as I have been looking for a practical
Spirit Lamp for my program for a very long time. I have been fascinated by the work of Tesla for a great deal of my life. All I can say is that it is a wonderous little machine and OUTLAW has outdone themselves again.

Also, Thanks for the practical idea Philemon on presentation... A very logical way to introduce it and what it is supposed to do before going into what it really can do.

K
St. Paul, MN
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
anton.magician
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
Is anyone has a video of it? Please PM to me.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5169 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I was able to get one of these babies via Stevens Magic...pure luck that I happened to be on their site when they posted some recent estate items. Just had a chance to work with this today. It's a rainy day here, so the room was dark. I followed the instructions and voila! Freaked out!!! This is so creepy on a subtle level I can't even describe it...an eerie glowing light...uneven and organic...just barely there, yet at your command, you can make it glow brighter, flicker, and follow your commands. I love this. Small, intimate, and apparently constructed by a mad man...or by true misguided genius.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I am fascinated by this! One day, I'll get it.

Doug
armymagic
View Profile
New user
Mesa AZ, USA
87 Posts

Profile of armymagic
So after much waiting, I arrive home today to find a priority mail package awaiting my attention. After getting inside and telling my wife I'll be indisposed for "a period of time", I crack it open. Amazing, just truly amazing! The box itself could have a valuable position in anyone's cabinet of curiosities, but what was inside was much more intense. This lamp truly appears to be just wood and wire with no way for batteries to fit. After "a period of time", I asked my wife to check out my newest bank account depleter. The action of taking it out of the box and assembling it all in front of her was mesmerizing. When the lamp lit (no problems at all with activation), she gave an audible intake if breath. Very long story short, this is not allowed out of the Man Cave when she's home, which makes it even more fantastic in my book. Dougini (and everyone else), grab this up when you have an opportunity to do so, you won't be disappointed.
Love me or hate me, but you'll never forget me!