The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Brother Shadow's Have Seance Will Travel Manuscript (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I guess there is.
Professor Plum, in the Library, with the Wrench?
The mysterious quest continues...
More news as I have it.
Walt
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Walt,
Wonderful insight into HSWT.
It is indeed a Marvelous Ritual.
I think the value just went up a couple of hundred.
SB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 15:45, Sebastian Black wrote:
I think the value just went up a couple of hundred.
SB

Gee, thanks for pointing that out!

:)
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I'm interested but I will wait for it to be re-released.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

I think the point is that it won't be re-released, so if you're interested seek it out used. Walt
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
I also have tried to get it for several years. Several times I was told to contact Brother Shadow but I never got a response back from him.
I first became aware of him through his works in the orginal Invocations.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
OK, after reading how people want it (and I don't look at it much) I have put the set back up at $125 in the books fs. If it doesn't go quickly I'll probably change my mind again and pull it back.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
OK, that didn't last long.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
OMG!!!!
I missed it again!

:(

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I have "mind games" that apparently is the origin of the rock ritual and I have Stuart Cumberland's "psychological seance" (which is a hypnotic guided visualization) which was apparently inspired by HSWT.
I'm not asking for any secrets to be given away, but would anyone be willing to answer some questions about the general outline of the HSWT set-up; specifically in regards to the use of the rock ritual in the seance and any guided visualizations?
If you would please PM me.

wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
After watching my copy of "Have Seance Will Travel" fly off my book shelf and out the door, I've decided to part with my entire spook library. Anyone interested to see a listing, PM me with your email address, so
I can send the entire library as a PDF attached file. Survived years of dusty book stores, magic auctions, CraigsList, the big auction site, yard sales and know-it-all magic dealers to assemble this unique
collection of books, manuscripts and notes from the well-known and obscure authors and performers who entertain with ghosts and seances.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
OMG! They just removed my posting of the Spook Library from this section of the Café. Sorry for that!
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Would anyone who has a copy that they are willing to sell PM me?

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

I'm now considering letting go of my copy of Have Seance Will Travel
if I decide to part with it, I'll put it up in the Make a Deal section,
but it's in good condition and just wanted to give a heads up before the goat sacrifice.
Walt
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Quote:
On 2011-03-24 12:20, wkitwizard wrote:
OMG! They just removed my posting of the Spook Library from this section of the Café. Sorry for that!

This is a pity. I've seen wkitwizard's library, and it would make you drool with envy.
If anyone is serious about the art, and wants to buy the entire "course materials" then they should take a serious look.
A third of the collection would even make a reasonable investment, especially given the current topic.
[
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Thanks DocSteve. I plan on photographing the book covers, CDs, manuscripts and notes-then list the over ninety items as a lot on the big auction site this weekend. If you enjoy spending long hours on web searches, many trips to dusty old book stores, exhausting hours at "magic swap meets" and corresponding with elite book sellers who can't wait to rip you off, then regard this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity as waste of your time. Otherwise, JUMP ON IT! I've spent the over twenty years acquiring this massive library-you get the benefit of my labor-in one single purchase. You won't see this happen again.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I just bought one and should be posted this weekend. YAY!

That means on Monday I will start my magickal ritual ...checking the mailbox several times until it arrives, both before and after the mailman comes just in case I missed something. Smile

Bob Clayton
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Bob Clayton
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 15:18, seadog93 wrote:
I just bought one and should be posted this weekend. YAY!

That means on Monday I will start my magickal ritual ...checking the mailbox several times until it arrives, both before and after the mailman comes just in case I missed something. Smile

Congrats!
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Got it.
I Read it through once (it's a quick read) and I'll probably read it through again later tonight.

It's great, of course. It's interesting because I have several pieces that are based on it, as well as the source of the opening ritual and the inspiration for it. Some of these things I will probably (at least initially) use within the HSWT format. I can't actually think of anything specific that I read that was new to me, however something about the whole gestalt and how it was written up, I feel, gives me some very valuable insight into making this work. Also, of course, it's always good to read the source material when possible.

Actually, if I hadn't have read/heard some of the 'fancier' versions of this type of seance, and given them a try, first I am quite sure that I wouldn't fully understand the power inherent in this.

EDIT: For those of us who just got this, now is the time to do a google search:
site:www.themagiccafe.com Have seance will travel
All these discussions now make sense

Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
There is currently a copy for sale in Let's Make a Magic Deal.
~Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic