The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Books on Tips Performing on the Road (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Anatole
There was a book a few years ago that was a kind of survival guide for magicians who are on the road a lot. There wasn't much if anything in the way of tricks or routines. it was more like "Hints from Heloise for Magicians." Does that ring any bells with anyone? In my mind's eye I see a small, book with a black softcover. Among the things it included was a list of basic things to carry with you--like needle and thread and buttons in case you need to do some shirt repair; shoe polish; band-aids, etc. As I said, the book was small so that it would fit in your back pocket or a suit pocket.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It was sold by Joe Stevens who remaindered them out as they did not sell. It was an ok book for a novice but as one works he realizes what is needed to be carried. I have the book at the shop but I will not be there again until Friday.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1625 Posts

Profile of JNeal
It may've been the book of suggestions written by Randy Pryor ( Southern Calif), who elicited a bunch of bits of advice fro seasoned pros... among the advice was Max Maven's suggestion to sleep on a bed (in a hotel room) OPPOSITE the side with the telephone... as that is more frequently used and therefore more likely to be worn out!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7050 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Dick Oslund's book?