The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Question about a trick in Grant's "Super Magical Secrets" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
eric_e
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of eric_e
I'm thinking here about a trick called "A Bedtime Story" in Grant's "Super Magical Secrets" (hereafter SMS). I have a fuzzy memory of it, but sold my copy of this book years ago in a wife-demanded "extra" book purge and now regret it. I'd really like to remind myself of the details of that trick, since I think it would fit beautifully into a new show that I'm trying to put together.

I'm also wondering is this: is it possible that Grant, who put out a somewhat complicated array of publications over many years, might conceivably have published this trick somewhere else besides SMS, too? If so, I'd have more than one Grant book/booklet to look for, which might greatly speed up how fast I am able to scare up a description of the trick in question; so if you know of another place (besides SMS) to find a write-up of Grant's "A Bedtime Story," I'd be very happy to hear about it.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone might be able to offer, including suggestions on dealers who might carry Grant's "Super Magical Secrets."

Eric
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Both the Chicago magic stores, Ash's and Magic Inc, are the kind of place where they'd likely have a couple boxfuls of Gen Grant stuff stashed away.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
You also may check Haines House of cards or Ron Alessi.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
I'm thinking here about a trick called "A Bedtime Story" in Grant's "Super Magical Secrets"

That trick was simply Grant's "Pig Turns Around Slate" - as sold by Abbotts.

Easier to buy it, than to make it.

Watch out for 2 major UF Grant book and DVD projects - due out at the end of 2008/early 2009!