The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Some Interesting Books I have found (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lofty
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
128 Posts

Profile of Lofty
I finally got the rest of my books out of storage(they've been there for 10 years).

Some things I have re-found.

A few interesting books - (there's over 400 but here are a few I think are neet)
The Sphinx - Golden Jubilee Book of Magic.
The Secret Out - the oldest book I have - 1889, Also it is just written by 'the author', looks like he wants to remain anomynoums
Handcuff Secrets by Harry Houdini - 1909
Magician's Manual - Issued for the members of The Magicians League Of America 1933 This Book is really interesting - throughtout the book it has FULL COLOUR cardstock cutouts for the tricks explanined.

A few Old Magazines -

The Magic Wand October-November 1938
Magic Is Fun - Issue 2 May 1946 - Has a write-up of Dunniger doing the 'Indian Rope trick"
Magic For the Millions - Issue 3

Also have a copy of Cards as Weapons - but one page is ripped Smile
There's Tons more - Old manuscripts, lots of staple bound books fron the 40's, and lots of really interesting things. One day I will actually get around to catalog the books.

Lofty
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Quote:
On 2006-09-08 11:47, Lofty wrote:
The Secret Out - the oldest book I have - 1889, Also it is just written by 'the author', looks like he wants to remain anomynoums

The Secret Out was translated/edited by William H. Cremer, and first appeared in 1859. The actual content of the book is derived from a couple of French books, specifically "Les Magicien de Salons ou le Diable Couleur de Rose" by Richard & DeLion and "Manuel du Magicien" by Blismon de Douai. The book is definitely interesting, and contains the roots of a number of well known tricks from the past century.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Lofty
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
128 Posts

Profile of Lofty
Just found The Modern Conjurer 1903. with tricks by Charles Bertram and many others.

I have others , many from the 1900's and then a bunch of later books by Frank Garcia, Harry Lorrayne, Paul Harria, Annamen, Harbin.

Lofty
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1797 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Will you be listing any for sale ?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5488 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hey Rennie, if you're going to read my mind you ought to post in the Penny For Your Thoughts forum. Smile
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1797 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-09-09 12:09, Magiguy wrote:
Hey Rennie, if you're going to read my mind you ought to post in the Penny For Your Thoughts forum. Smile

Well thank you. Of course he did not respond yet..
Rennie
Lofty
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
128 Posts

Profile of Lofty
Quote:
On 2006-09-09 11:49, Rennie wrote:
Will you be listing any for sale ?
Rennie

There may be a few I could sell, but right now I just want to go through them and catalogue them all.

Lofty
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1797 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Please keep us book nuts updated..You can never have too many magic books...
Rennie