The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Info needed on 2 items (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Casey Garrison
View Profile
New user
Albuquerque, NM
3 Posts

Profile of Casey Garrison
Hey, I recently acquired an item which I am having quite a bit of trouble finding information on. Any information you guys have would be extremely helpful.

Farelli's Card Magic by Victor Farelli- I couldn't find mention of this anywhere on the net. The copy I have is original and was published in 1933, it also has the stamp of the Academy of Magical Arts in Hollywood right inside the cover, and came from it's library.
Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
Hello Casey and welcome to the Café!

You might have a better chance of getting some helpful responses if you were specific on the kind of information you seek. For example, are you looking for bibliographical information, such as whether or not the copy you have is a first edition, or if it went through many printings? Or are you looking for information on the author? (you can probably do a name search here and find some discussions on VF). Or do you want to know if this title has very original or respected material in it? Sometimes well meaning folks won't reply because they're not sure how to be helpful with your query. There are many good and helpful guys and gals on this forum, so odds are good that with a narrower focus with your questions, you'll get some helpful answers.

Best wishes, and, again, welcome to the Café.

Clay
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I've been helping Casey look and, for the most part, any information would be helpful. I think the main thing he's interested in is the street value. Even though it's now become a main part of his library, the value is definately something I was interested in when he got the book.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Casey Garrison
View Profile
New user
Albuquerque, NM
3 Posts

Profile of Casey Garrison
Thank you to whoever moved this. I am still somewhat lost in these forums.

I apologize for not being more clear, basically I'm looking for anyone who has heard anything about these, anyone who has them, and like jeff said, pretty much any information concerning them in general. I've never heard of Victor Farelli until now so the name interested me. Any history on him would also be very helpful. The magority of material in the book is not original (it may have been at that time though). In short, I'm trying to establish some general knowledge of when these items were created and obtain information on the people who created them.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Victor Farelli wrote up a lot of John Ramsey's stuff.

If you belong to ASKAlexander.org., it will give you a huge database of information on him.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
You may want to check out Paul Chosse's posts in this thread over at the Genii Forum: Victor Farelli's Card Tricks??

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Casey - I have p.m'd you about this post
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24317 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I don't want to keep hammering on this, but the internet is not necessarily the be-all, end-all of research into titles. Not all used book dealers have web sites. For example, Andy Greget has stayed off the net. So has Byron Walker.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1797 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-07-08 19:01, Bill Palmer wrote:
I don't want to keep hammering on this, but the internet is not necessarily the be-all, end-all of research into titles. Not all used book dealers have web sites. For example, Andy Greget has stayed off the net. So has Byron Walker.

Bill,
Byron Walker has the magic library to drool over (floor to ceiling and wall to wall in every room). He lives in San Leandro and can come up with most books you are looking for. Why he does not have a website I do not know as he could be moving more books than he is now. To my knowledge the last time I was at his house I did not even see a computer. I must say though he is a really nice guy and very knowledgeable about magic books in general and is always willing to share that information..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 10:26, Rennie wrote:]

Bill,
Byron Walker has the magic library to drool over (floor to ceiling and wall to wall in every room). He lives in San Leandro and can come up with most books you are looking for. Why he does not have a website I do not know as he could be moving more books than he is now. To my knowledge the last time I was at his house I did not even see a computer. I must say though he is a really nice guy and very knowledgeable about magic books in general and is always willing to share that information..
Rennie
[/quote]

(Un)fortunately Mr. Walker has purchased a computer and I believe it will only be a matter of time before he has an internet presence.

Dave
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24317 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Byron has e-mail. I don't know if he has a website, though.

A lot of questions can be answered by calling H&R Magic Books.

Victor Farelli is quite well known. You shouldn't have trouble finding out information about him. Google shows 844 pages with mentions of Victor Farelli.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com