The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Question About June Merlin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
I was just wondering about what ever happened to female magician June Merlin. I know her Ex-husband Bill McCombical is alive and well in Southern California but I never heard what ever happened to her.

Any information is greatlly appricated.

Thank You
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
You Should ask Billy McComb, but I believe she is living in Spain.
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
Thanks a lot. So that means she is the only magician alive who performed on the 1957 Milbourne Chistopher Special. I was wondering about that.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Okay, maybe I'm wrong, but didn't the Amazing Randi perform an escape from a "medieval spiked tomb" (Iron Maiden), or was that on one of Christopher's other TV specials? He's still alive.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
Dr. Midnight,
It had to be one of his other specials. I remember wathicng the 1957 special in the Mueseum of Television And Radio a few years back. He also talks about the show in his "History Of Magic" book. The 1957 special had him do a bullet catch with a copy of the letter written by Thurston to Harry Houdini. The show had Robert Harbin doing a Head Mover, chair suspension, Mr. and Mrs. Cardini, Socar doing a Buzz Saw, June Merlin doing tricks with animals, and few others who I can't remember at the moment. I know that Amazing Randi is alive and well.

Ron
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
Actually the namme of the Milbourne Christopher book is "The Illustrated History Of Magic".
Sorry,
Ron
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
June is alive and living in Spain.

Some old Pathe movies of her as June McComb, and of Billy McComb and her are available from http://www.Britishpathe.com

Search "McComb". Also search "magician". Some neat film of Tommy Cooper, Alan Alan, David Nixon, and others. Free downloads in low quality, pay a reasonable price for high quality.
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
I can recall seeing a picture of a young June Merlin in an old Ireland's Year Book that I purchased several years ago. The picture most probably only captured a fraction of her beauty, but she looked stunningly gorgeous in the picture. I understand that she was a former winner of the 'Miss Northern Ireland' title.
"One arrow. One life."
Enis Talas
View Profile
New user
Ýstanbul /TURKEY
9 Posts

Profile of Enis Talas
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of Julie